Does my tattoo sleeve look odd?

5ecapson

Hey guys,

I've been working on a nature themed tattoo sleeve on my arm for the past couple of years. Last week I went to get some work on my forearm done. I gave him a design of a bull skull that I wanted to get tatted which fit the rest of my sleeve pretty well. The artist still had extra time after the session so we were discussing what we could do to cover up the rest of my forearm. He suggested that a mandala piece would wrap the whole piece up and look really good. At the time I wasn't 100% sure but the stencil looked alright and I decided to go for it. In the end I think the design looks alright but I'm just not sure if it all works together as one piece and this has been boggling my mind the last few days and now I'm starting the regret getting the mandala piece done. Would love your opinion on the piece. Picture attached bellow:

1.thumb.jpg.b096a104484974c376205d7933b16e8e.jpg2.thumb.jpg.f376137c3b62e8f2d65d64af5bc973ab.jpg3.thumb.jpg.5cb96b20568b019d6a796e34751e1a62.jpg4.thumb.jpg.68be417307e0adeb76fdf16a91adfc56.jpg5.thumb.jpg.2eeee299c8ea67ff454acab932c338f4.jpg6.thumb.jpg.0ac8c054b8fdf67573926ff9c50a75c6.jpg4.thumb.jpg.68be417307e0adeb76fdf16a91adfc56.jpg

Mandala/geo tattoos aren't my style, but I think it looks fine, looks like a tattoo and gives the "sleeve" look which some people desire. 

I try to resist the urge to get extra tattoos at the end of a session. Especially to just fill space for the sake of filling it. You're endorphins are going and it can make for clouded, hasty judgement and second-guessing. I know cause I've done it before. Stick to the initial plan and if you still have gas in the tank, I'd save it for the healing. Then you get to have an extra visit and hangout at the shop for the next tattoo. My $0.02

6 hours ago, bongsau said:

Mandala/geo tattoos aren't my style, but I think it looks fine, looks like a tattoo and gives the "sleeve" look which some people desire. 

I try to resist the urge to get extra tattoos at the end of a session. Especially to just fill space for the sake of filling it. You're endorphins are going and it can make for clouded, hasty judgement and second-guessing. I know cause I've done it before. Stick to the initial plan and if you still have gas in the tank, I'd save it for the healing. Then you get to have an extra visit and hangout at the shop for the next tattoo. My $0.02

Yeah I keep having flashbacks to that moment in my head and wish i said I'll think about it and comeback another day. But oh well.