Hello

Kai Lo

On 6/8/2018 at 5:38 AM, Hogrider said:

Actually it will. ;-)

When you've had 50-100 hours in 'the chair' getting tattooed, you know what to expect.

Refusing to tattoo face, neck or hands on someone with no tattoos is not punishment, it's protecting them from themselves. It's a big step and not a good idea for a first tattoo. 

I don't think a lot of people understand the permanence of tattoos. Yea, you can laser them off, but there will still be something there. Most of the time your skin doesn't look perfectly normal, at least I've never seen it. And when you are young, it's hard to imagine that you could someday want to get into an industry that isn't accepting of face, hand or neck tattoos.

If you continue to get tattoos, some day you'll understand. 

My original comment came from my "constant panic" side of my personality. You're right, experience in something will prepare you for what will come. 

In term of a tattoo being permanent? It's why I've waited around 7-8 years before getting one, because I wanted to choose something that 1. meant something to me (I know not everyone does it that way, but it's what works for me). 2. Not regretting the decision. I found a few designs I like, and waited 5 years. A long time? Yes. But have I regretted them? Not. At. All. I love them, which is what I was wanting. Yes, I 100% panicked when I thought something wasn't right and then proceeded to stay in that little state of panic for a while longer which is where part of those answers came from. 

I guess I just didn't understand why a hand tattoo would be refused, but obviously I'm new and there's a certain state of ignorance there (also where the comments come from). Just trying to figure out things now that I have them, and since I got 2 hand tattoos and didn't have issues and I really like them, I wasn't understanding where the side of artists not wanting to do them came from, that's all. 

On June 8, 2018 at 2:13 PM, J.Stell said:

I'm gonna use your "blow-out" as a metaphor:

Part of the tattoo/line is a little too deep, the ink spread... Because you got in over your head with this tattoo,  just like the line, it got a bit deep, then up it pops for a little air- you waded back up into shallower water, where the comfort zone was/is.... 

Blow-outs happen.... and if you weren't such a beginner in the "getting tattooed" pond... You would have been totally fine swimming in the deep end of the pond, cause you would have known... Hey,  it's not just a "you pick it, we stick it..." It's a hey.... kinda big deal, but regardless, you would have been prepared for such a thing....

PS. It really sucks when someone has basically no tattoos, and they come into a place and start using "jargon" that they don't even understand, a little bit of manners, and a lot of mutual respect : will get you everything in a shop.

Regardless.... I wish you the best in your tattoo collecting path.... And lots of luck.... When I was 18 and in a shop, I really do wish someone would have looked out for me... I didn't have that until I started working in the second tattoo shop, of my career... And I use the age of 18, because that's baseline beginner age, to me...

I have an entire arm of dumb ass clowns... CLOWNS. And they cannot be removed. Just looking out for ya kiddo. AND I HATE ICP. but with this dumbass entire left arm: everyone thinks In love ICP. NO.

Jennifer

I want to see the clowns.

Hay.... @Oboogie

Thank you... I miss you like mad... Come get tattooed soon, we got Dan Mitchell, aka DRMORLOK, Dan Higgs gave him his nickname, and he was taught by Robert Ryan.... He'll be around for a while and we got Dave Woodard coming up like next week to guest... You get tattooed, and we can catch up on our bullshitting...

@SStu

I will check his stuff out... Does he post healed, and settled photos, I have seen some stuff like his on the net, but no aged pics... Also, I don't want piercer arm, "black arm", so if i'm stuck with clowns, I will deal with it....

I think we have hijacked @Kai Lo's thread. Sorry. 

@J.Stell Well, that depends on your definition of "time settled in". Part of that photo above is months healed, I believe - and part fresh, but I'm not sure anyone has been putting white on black like that for more than just a few years, so 10-15 years down the road . . . ?

18 hours ago, J.Stell said:

Hay.... @Oboogie

Thank you... I miss you like mad... Come get tattooed soon, we got Dan Mitchell, aka DRMORLOK, Dan Higgs gave him his nickname, and he was taught by Robert Ryan.... He'll be around for a while and we got Dave Woodard coming up like next week to guest... You get tattooed, and we can catch up on our bullshitting...

@SStu

I will check his stuff out... Does he post healed, and settled photos, I have seen some stuff like his on the net, but no aged pics... Also, I don't want piercer arm, "black arm", so if i'm stuck with clowns, I will deal with it....

I miss you, too, @J.Stell! I'd love to get another tattoo. Need more $$$ for that, but we'll be over that way soon. We are so coming to see you guys! ❤️ Love you, lady. xoxo