When your favorite Artist leaves?

rdinak

I am in the process of having a piece done on my leg. Got the line work done and my Artist and friend left my favorite shop. So now I am at the cross roads of having the work completed by the owner of the shop or waiting until my Artist sets up shop again. After five tattoos over the past year, I have developed a great working relationship with this shop and the staff. 

What would you experienced members suggest? 

IMG_1149.jpg

54829185442__CAD14FF3-987D-4AC4-A6E9-52982AFACB80.jpg

1 hour ago, rdinak said:

I am in the process of having a piece done on my leg. Got the line work done and my Artist and friend left my favorite shop. So now I am at the cross roads of having the work completed by the owner of the shop or waiting until my Artist sets up shop again. After five tattoos over the past year, I have developed a great working relationship with this shop and the staff. 

What would you experienced members suggest? 

so wait for the original artist,have that person finish it,well,unless they move to Germany or whatever ! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have tattoos that are 19 years old that one artist did for 2 years before he went to jail and I lost track of him. I moved on to one of the best in the states and he followed the style of the former artist in black and grey. He knew him and they were friendly rivals. 

A few years later my new artist was killed in a car accident. I stopped for 2 years and went to what I was told was the best artists in my city. It was horrible. My barber recommended a shop I had not heard of and stopped in only to find that the owner did his intern work with the artist who was killed. 

That started a 2-year relationship with the shop and both artists. They touched up the older art,  added color as well as hand work. I moved to my chest, sides, and back.

I adhered to having the same artist do his work until he could not work anymore. Good idea to stay with an artist.

I am going to start a post about what to do when your relationship with your artist falls apart and he won't finish his work.

Edited by Crazy World of A Brown