Greedo51

Advice wanted please.

I want to get cover up my crappy chinese tattoo i got when I was a teenager.  I would like to replace it with a high quality black and white sleeve from a very good artist similar to the images provided.  My question is.  How much laser treatment will i have to do to fade the old one?  Will i just need to get the red and yellow ink lasered or do I need to fade the black too?  I want to know because since lasering is so expensive i don't want to spend money lasering the black if it isn't necessary. Thanks!

IMG_6733_edited.jpg

mayan-skull-tattoo.jpg

3f37629b2f7dee025239cf9c885f0d35.jpg

Hey! Welcome. It's really hard to say how many laser treatments you will need. Depend upon the ink(s) used, how deep they went, your body and the type of laser used. I'd find your artist as you are getting your laser treatments and ask them how light it needs to be. 

Remember that laser treatments take time...several months or more as well as time to heal between treatments. 

My advice? Start your laser treatments and get your artist lined up!

Yep. It all depends on how the artist's design fits in/around your existing work. 

In any case many laser techs charge by the minute (with a minimum), and both of those old ones aren't very big - so hitting the black shouldn't add much if any extra expense overall for each session. They are dark enough that you'll likely need 3-4 sessions to lighten it up a good bit. 

Edited by SStu