Pagoda City 2018

Grez always squeezes in as many people as he can, even if he tattoos in his hotel room before or after. That's great that you got in. I can't even count how many Grez talons I have at this point, and it was always a Portlandia reference between me and my best friend that we'd tag things "#putabirdfootonit." Can't wait to see how yours turns out!

Also, will add you on IG. I'm on there as andrew.f.white.

Edited by suburbanxcore

22 hours ago, suburbanxcore said:

Grez always squeezes in as many people as he can, even if he tattoos in his hotel room before or after. That's great that you got in. I can't even count how many Grez talons I have at this point, and it was always a Portlandia reference between me and my best friend that we'd tag things "#putabirdfootonit." Can't wait to see how yours turns out!

Also, will add you on IG. I'm on there as andrew.f.white.

Followed you back! Yeah, can't wait! Super cool guy, met him in May and got to see his painting collection (what he had at the shop at least). Talk about mind blowing. Haha, great reference, just started re-watching Portlandia a few weeks ago.

On 7/31/2018 at 2:52 PM, Bearcat78 said:

Followed you back! Yeah, can't wait! Super cool guy, met him in May and got to see his painting collection (what he had at the shop at least). Talk about mind blowing. Haha, great reference, just started re-watching Portlandia a few weeks ago.

His painting/original collection at the shop is so insane. He put a small rose filler on me from an original Rollo sheet that I absolutely love. Said he'd never done anything from it, so I had to ask...haha.

45 minutes ago, Kevinb52 said:

I ended up with a Baku and Oni riding the side of it's mouth from Dan, and a Mallet from Stewart Robson! What about you? 

Haha, @Bearcat78 messaged me about that Dan tattoo, but I left pretty early Saturday morning. That tattoo is sooooooo sick!

I got a Pharoah's Cats from Scott Sylvia on my stomach.

Nice to see and meet a whole bunch of people from here this weekend!

You got two AMAZING pieces! @Kevinb52 The Baku with the Oni really is one of the coolest tattoos that I've seen. It's funny that we were both in with the same guys on the same day (great minds).

This weekend was: 

Grez - ray gun (the entire neurosurgery team today lost their collective sh1T when they saw it today)

Dan - kappa 

Stewart - hannya

Nick Colella - Chicago gorilla (great story on that one)

Hendricks - panther head and rose

I'll say it again...I LOVE Pagoda. When I was walking out, I was thinking that I was able to get tattooed by artists from three countries, as well as three different regions of the US all while in Wyomissing, PA. Makes me a little giddy. 

@suburbanxcore Haha so awesome!! Thanks man!! Ah, super cool. Glad you got to get tattooed! 

@Gingerninja Thank you! I am super stoked on the tattoos! Great minds to think alike and we were back to back from the same guys as well, haha! You defiantly got a lot of cool tattoos yourself!! 

Pagoda was defiantly a great convention and can't wait to be back next year! The drive was rough but so worth it! I had all my saniderm somehow fail and had to remove it and reapply 3 times since Saturday lol. So hopefully i'm on the road to healing these up now that i'm home 😁

14 minutes ago, Kevinb52 said:

@suburbanxcore Haha so awesome!! Thanks man!! Ah, super cool. Glad you got to get tattooed! 

@Gingerninja Thank you! I am super stoked on the tattoos! Great minds to think alike and we were back to back from the same guys as well, haha! You defiantly got a lot of cool tattoos yourself!! 

Pagoda was defiantly a great convention and can't wait to be back next year! The drive was rough but so worth it! I had all my saniderm somehow fail and had to remove it and reapply 3 times since Saturday lol. So hopefully i'm on the road to healing these up now that i'm home 😁

pics ?

So great meeting and hanging with you guys and gals!  Still having a hard recovery from that Sylvia ankle hahahaha. Maybe one day I'll get tattoos in places that aren't super dumb to get tattooed! 

I'll get around to final pics, but my list is:

Flaming Eagle Talon from Grez

Switchblade from Mike Wilson

Lucky mallet from Acetates

Kintaro Mask from Dan Sinnes

Rose and barbed wire from Sylvia (ouch!)

Robo-Tiger from Lehi

Ended up getting a small Hot Stuff tattoo from Todd Noble at his studio a couple days later thanks to a missed flight hahahaha.

Time to mentally prep for Bay Area!! 

8 minutes ago, suburbanxcore said:

Haha, man. Watching @Bearcat78 get after it was truly something. After I got my stomach done, I was cringing at the thought of getting tattooed again. Impressive, sir.

PM Sunday / Most of Monday, my body finally caught up and I was in hell. Nausea, headache, you name it. Absolute insanity when I think back on it hahahaha. Swelling didn't go down from that Sylvia tattoo until Thursday or Friday maybe. Thing still looks like I cleaned it with sand paper.

Edited by Bearcat78