4 week old red finger tattoo-help!

Des$6

Hi there! 

I recently got a tattoo on my ring finger with my husband. It looked great right after I received it! I posted a pic of the tattoo about 6 hours after they were done. But about a week later after scabbing and healing part of it still seems not healed and blown out almost? It still has a bit of a scab and is sensitive if pushed on. For awhile it looked like a gash in my finger, but that has gone away. It basically deformed the Q. 😞 I’m wondering what is going on and if it may possibly heal and work out or if it will most likely look this way forever... also any tips if I can help it along! I posted a pic of what it looks like today second. 

5B536F2B-A12F-4EB6-A2CB-80B6223809BA.jpeg

image.jpg

19 hours ago, Des$6 said:

Hi there! 

I recently got a tattoo on my ring finger with my husband. It looked great right after I received it! I posted a pic of the tattoo about 6 hours after they were done. But about a week later after scabbing and healing part of it still seems not healed and blown out almost? It still has a bit of a scab and is sensitive if pushed on. For awhile it looked like a gash in my finger, but that has gone away. It basically deformed the Q. 😞 I’m wondering what is going on and if it may possibly heal and work out or if it will most likely look this way forever... also any tips if I can help it along! I posted a pic of what it looks like today second. 

5B536F2B-A12F-4EB6-A2CB-80B6223809BA.jpeg

image.jpg

I have tattoos on all my upper and lower sections of my fingers,and finger tattoos just suck ,and they ALWAYS need a touch up and maybe a second touch up,

and they ALWAYS can blow out a little,small parts of the finger tattoo can fall out too,if there is any scar tissue on fingers(like i have from small cuts over the years) can cause trouble too.

IMO it looks like that's what happened,similar happened to me and a touch up helped a lot.

it is what it is.

Edited by Dan

I haven’t worn the ring until recently. I basically am trying to just cover it up 😩. The bumpy scabs are gone. One side looks super scarred, but I’ve seen other tattoos that have buffed out after months of healing. 

13 hours ago, Gingerninja said:

Humm….that does look a little messed up. How does your husband's look? Did you pick at the scabs or anything? Fingers are one of the most difficult spots to tattoo. My advice: let it heal for a few months then find an artist to touch it up.

My husbands looks great. And healed within a week. I didn’t pick or wear my ring for awhile. I thought about just having the Q redone in black over top of the red if that would be possible. 

12 hours ago, Hogrider said:

Scabbed and sensitive after a month? I'd see a doctor. That looks rough.

Really? What is a doctor going to do? Tell me not to get tattoos is my fear 😂 I have thought about that, but it doesn’t seem infected or anything to me.  

23 hours ago, Des$6 said:

Really? What is a doctor going to do? Tell me not to get tattoos is my fear 😂 I have thought about that, but it doesn’t seem infected or anything to me.  

Yea, really.

and is sensitive if pushed on

That's NOT normal after a month. I don't know what a doctor will do, I'm not a doctor. If your doctor tells you not to get tattoos, you need a new doctor. 

Hey, YOU asked for opinions, that's MY opinion. ;-)

Edited by Hogrider

1 hour ago, Des$6 said:

Fair Enough! 😌

I can't relate to the doctor issue. My dermatologist always asks if I got any new tattoos; she has some too. Last time I went to my regular doctor we got talking about tattoos and he asked if I would be comfortable taking my shirt off so he could see my back piece. When I was at John's Hopkins in Baltimore this year, three nurses stopped me in the hall so they could look at my work. All of the medical professionals I have been too have been very non-judgmental.

1 hour ago, Hogrider said:

I can't relate to the doctor issue. My dermatologist always asks if I got any new tattoos; she has some too. Last time I went to my regular doctor we got talking about tattoos and he asked if I would be comfortable taking my shirt off so he could see my back piece. When I was at John's Hopkins in Baltimore this year, three nurses stopped me in the hall so they could look at my work. All of the medical professionals I have been too have been very non-judgmental.

my dermatologist also asked to see my backpiece, ass and all!!!