Tattoo healing process

Sheree

Hi I hope someone can help or give me a bit of advice to put my mind at ease I got a tattoo done almost a month ago and the healing process has been unlike my other tattoos first off it hardly peeled or scabbed or anything and my aftercare I was using bepanthen but I’ve noticed the outlines are raised and some parts the skin has a shine to it and it looks picked up I talked to my tattoo artist he said it’s nothing to worry about it’s still healing and to stop using cream on it but this has never happened to me before I don’t know what to do I just want it to heal so I can get a few of the lines touched up I’ll include photos of when I first got it done to what it looks like now I was thinking of using bio oil on it but not sure on what to do D03FB540-F1CC-4EB2-8A06-F727EB61E012.thumb.png.d079377bd24fea340b23c5dc344daad1.pngDCCC2D75-3FEA-443B-8590-4EDC68F58276.thumb.png.f078c3c401c5ff78dab538b797f1e330.pngEE855498-9CBC-4FB7-B521-E384C9687D0C.thumb.png.919e549682cb84f60a361afe5894adc5.png

Ok thank you do you think I should do what the artist said don’t put anything on it or should I start putting bio oil on it cause I’m worried he’s scared me I got told he’s overworked the tattoo and I’m left with a scar??

12 hours ago, Sheree said:

Ok thank you do you think I should do what the artist said don’t put anything on it or should I start putting bio oil on it cause I’m worried he’s scared me I got told he’s overworked the tattoo and I’m left with a scar??

I don't know what bio oil is, I just use a little cocoa butter after it starts to peel. That doesn't look overworked to me at all. Relax and start enjoying it.

update on my tattoo it’s very soft still got a shine to it outline and mickeys nose Minnie’s mouth it’s weird they look like it’s bubbling up but actually feels quiet flat and soft when you touch the tattoo so basically I’m just unhappy with how it looks at the moment 

Edited by Sheree

5 hours ago, SStu said:

Try not looking at it for a month. 

I just want to know why does it look like that I’ve had 12 tattoos all up and I’ve never had a tattoo look like this did the artist go to deep with the needle ?

15 hours ago, Sheree said:

I just want to know why does it look like that I’ve had 12 tattoos all up and I’ve never had a tattoo look like this did the artist go to deep with the needle ?

It doesn't look like the artist went too deep to me. It's still peeling. As everyone has said, you won't know anything until it's done healing. There is nothing you can do at this point. Take @SStu advice and don't look at it for a month. I had a purple in that took forever to settle in. It didn't look completely normal for about a year. Here's what I did - NOTHING.