Will this eventually heal okay?

Allisonh

I got this tattoo about a month and a week ago. One leaf on the end is looking scarred and blown out, even though the rest of the tattoo has mostly settled down. Is it still possible for it to get better? I didn’t know if that part of my skin was just having a super slow time healing, or if it is always going to look messed up. Thanks guys.

C28417FC-6901-4175-8F29-6AD1B5E2ED70.jpeg

DF8B2E60-5CAC-4AF1-8110-FA1A27D9C209.jpeg

A5910D32-FAAC-4202-902C-85D5F92AA169.jpeg

1974BF87-2CD6-40A2-8B4F-FAFD7E616B03.jpeg

7FAB1354-BF87-47FD-B14B-CCA316286F1F.jpeg

43 minutes ago, Hogrider said:

Just curious, do you think you are going to get different answers than from your other threads on this same tattoo?

I never asked about this issue in my one other thread. The blowout/scarring has developed  after I posted the last one. I attached different photos with a very different question. My first question was about the overall design execution, this question is about a healing issue that has arisen since then. So, yes, a different question has different answers.

I think it looks fine in both threads and to both questions. It's never going to be perfect, and any tattoo ever will have imperfections if you overanalyze it. Enjoy it and live with it for a while. It will become part of you and normal soon enough.

But if you don't like it, just put a panther over it and let's call it a day here.

On August 12, 2018 at 10:51 AM, Allisonh said:

I never asked about this issue in my one other thread. The blowout/scarring has developed  after I posted the last one. I attached different photos with a very different question. My first question was about the overall design execution, this question is about a healing issue that has arisen since then. So, yes, a different question has different answers.

You are obsessing over this tattoo. Both threads, you're worried about something being wrong with it, despite everyone saying it's fine. Regarding scarring, you obviously have no idea what scarring is or you wouldn't ask about this tattoo. Tattoos aren't meant to be looked at from 1 inch away. If you take a magnifying glass to ANY tattoo you'll find something wrong with it.

If I put this tattoo on someone and they publicly posted that it "looked messed up", I'd never tattoo them again.

I don't mean to come across as too harsh, but people should do their homework BEFORE getting tattooed. 

Edited by Hogrider

2 hours ago, Hogrider said:

You are obsessing over this tattoo. Both threads, you're worried about something being wrong with it, despite everyone saying it's fine. Regarding scarring, you obviously have no idea what scarring is or you wouldn't ask about this tattoo. Tattoos aren't meant to be looked at from 1 inch away. If you take a magnifying glass to ANY tattoo you'll find something wrong with it.

If I put this tattoo on someone and they publicly posted that it "looked messed up", I'd never tattoo them again.

I don't mean to come across as too harsh, but people should do their homework BEFORE getting tattooed. 

He's right, harsh or not. You could have asked the same question on your other thread. But again, there's nothing wrong with it.

I highly suggest you never get another tattoo. Someone this obsessed with over-examining a tiny, perfectly decent tattoo does not need other tattoos. I beg of you. Just don't.

Edited by oboogie

3 hours ago, Hogrider said:

I did my homework, I didn't mention the artist's name because it wasn't my intent to make them look bad, and I don't intend to get tattooed by them again anyway. I was asking about the healing process, which I am not familiar with. Haven't you ever been new to something in your life? You can give advice without being condescending about a simple question by someone less experienced than you. I'm sorry to waste your time, but you should try getting off your high horse (or hog?)

1 minute ago, Gingerninja said:

Hey Allison,

I think in summary, your tattoo looks good! There doesn't appear to be any scarring or blow out. It reminds me of the Fred Perry laurel which is cool. Happy healing! 

Cheers,

Heather

You're sweet. Thanks, Heather 🙂

1 hour ago, Allisonh said:

I did my homework, I didn't mention the artist's name because it wasn't my intent to make them look bad, and I don't intend to get tattooed by them again anyway. I was asking about the healing process, which I am not familiar with. Haven't you ever been new to something in your life? You can give advice without being condescending about a simple question by someone less experienced than you. I'm sorry to waste your time, but you should try getting off your high horse (or hog?)

Yup, I've been new to lots of things. I don't keep asking the same question because I'm not getting the answer I want.

If you think that tattoo is scarred, blown out, or messed up, you have NOT done your homework. ;-)

Here's what you got from you're first thread

For what it is, it looks fine to me.

- looks lovely;

- it's looks great the way it is !

-  I don't see anything wrong with that tattoo at all.

- Nothing wrong with the execution of that tattoo. 

- It's a cute first tattoo!

Despite this feedback, you then start another thread, "will this eventually heal okay?"

IT'S HEALING FINE!

You're getting lots of good feedback, you just aren't listening. It sounds like what you want to hear is that it's a mess and that you need to get it fixed.

Have a good life, tattoos just aren't for you.