Advice on existing tattoo

Sol James

Hello everyone. 

I’d like your opinions on this please. I’m booked in to continue with my arm, at the end of September. He’s a great artists, and works at a high profile shop. It’s recently been pointed out to me that part of a rose, I’ve already got, is a bit “penis like!” If you can’t see it, then great! It’s in the center and It is bugging me a little. Funny though, I’d never noticed it before and it’s 3-4 years old! 

Basically, shall I live with it, or ask if there’s anything that can be done at my next appointment? What do you all think?

B2D3D869-C30F-41C9-9B69-0B568AAC638D.jpeg

1 minute ago, Gingerninja said:

Okay, did someone tell you that it looked like a penis or did you get the idea all by yourself? 

Yeah seriously, it was mentioned! In fact the same person said it twice. I thought nothing of it the first time, but had a look the second, and thought, “yes, it does indeed look like a penis”!!!  I’m not at all the obsessive type, but thought I’d get some opinions! 

56 minutes ago, Hogrider said:

That's really rude to do that to someone. To do it twice is just gauche. I'd tell her to knock it off. As @scottyg said, if someone has a enough of tattoos and you look hard enough, you'll find something phallic.  

It was never said in a nasty way! Just a bit of husband and wife banter! Like I said, it hasn’t bothered me that much! It seems phallic tattoos are quite common around here, then! I appreciate people’s oppinion on the matter... 

11 minutes ago, Hands On said:

the only two options i like are to 1) leave it as is or 2) blackout the part that looks like a penis 😉

I have considered the blacking out option. It would depend on what the artist thinks... the only reason why it’s an issue to me is because it’s part of a piece I had done for our first son.... most people here seem to think leave it though..... 

Just now, Sol James said:

I have considered the blacking out option. It would depend on what the artist thinks... the only reason why it’s an issue to me is because it’s part of a piece I had done for our first son.... most people here seem to think leave it though..... 

my bad. the blackout suggestion was a joke in reference to another recent thread. ignore me and leave the rose alone. it looks fine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...