Full Back Piece Experience Thread

gougetheeyes

Final days of waiting and I need some tattoo related stuff to read while i'm at work (pretending to work) any recommendations on blogs? I've already re-read the Body Suit to Fit blog.

I can't recall the name of the blog off hand but a woman who had her back done by Stephanie Tamez kept a blog of it. Should be easy enough to find on google. There was another one I found a while ago from a guy who got, I think, a big koi from O'Donnell and ended up being killed a few years later in a bike wreck.

I must have read the body suit to fit blog a dozen times counting down to my outline day. I am super psyched for you @BrianH. I feel like you've been talking about this for ages.

I can't speak for everyone, but after he lays the stencil on you and hits you with the sharpies you get this crazy sense of the scope of the project and how truly awesome it is. When I know I'm headed in for a brutal session I run through the posts of all the people on here that are complete/near complete and I get inspired all over again.

these blogs are kind of inspiring me to journal or blog my tattoo experiences, just for my own memories, enjoyment, and posterity. a lot of it is engrained in my head and I've taken a few notes after a few sessions here and there, but it'd be cool to keep it all in one spot.

does anyone here keep a tattoo journal? I think I might start, before my memory starts fading. catching up will be a fun little project!

I know it's not a backpiece, but I may start the tattoo journal idea as I work through my arm. Neat idea.

I think an overall tattoo journal would be damn cool... even for little fillers! "I went in and got a walk in filler today because I had this going on. I got it from this person at this shop. they were playing this music and we talked about this." some of this information could be life changing and we don't even realize it... it just makes its way directly to our subconscious and starts to float throughout us.

My thinking is even if no one else reads it, I at least documented it for myself to read and relive later.

exactly! I would lean toward mine being just for myself and perhaps a select few others, but I definitely enjoy reading those who choose to share. I just went thru your blog and I'm looking forward to following. the "days away" column in the spreadsheet is awesome. the budgeting column is scary and I don't want to think about! I vote that you keep writing more than "see picture" because I think the related thoughts and memories are key to you reading and reliving later.

exactly! I would lean toward mine being just for myself and perhaps a select few others, but I definitely enjoy reading those who choose to share. I just went thru your blog and I'm looking forward to following. the "days away" column in the spreadsheet is awesome. the budgeting column is scary and I don't want to think about! I vote that you keep writing more than "see picture" because I think the related thoughts and memories are key to you reading and reliving later.

Thanks! The scariest part about the budget is I changed the calculation to use the ridiculously low $100 per hour rate before posting a screen shot because I didn't want to reveal what the actual rate is. We all wish it was only $100 per hour.

Thanks! The scariest part about the budget is I changed the calculation to use the ridiculously low $100 per hour rate before posting a screen shot because I didn't want to reveal what the actual rate is. We all wish it was only $100 per hour.

yeah... I definitely caught that and can guestimate Mike's actual range. budgeting is smart as shit.

Had my first session with Rob yesterday. Probably the nicest tattooer I have met. Everyone at the shop was a blast, and even as beat up as I felt for a relatively short (4.5 hours) session, I can't wait to go back.

We started off with the general wolf that I had wanted for years. Then after looking at some of the awesome norse pieces he had done recently we started spit balling ideas with Fenrir and a skull from one of the deer eating from Yggdrasil.

There is a sizeable cover up at the top, and we start down towards the back of legs in the next session probably :)

Here are the results of the first session with Rubendall at the Kings Ave Manhattan shop:

10375139_10100597453864876_411780038851651460_n.jpg?oh=ada06b1f91ca0eaec4741dca9ec5c896&oe=55668891

I have a few more pictures to share but I want to organize my thoughts and write a little blog entry to post along with those photos.

Holy cow, that is going to be epic!! Stoked for you dude. Feel free to send me a dm of the full thing on instagram ;)

DAMN

@Pleadco

Really dig the antlers the wicked wolf is popping out through, cool idea.

Rob Noseworthy is at Black n Blue ? Was a cat named Bobby Tripp there? I was tattooed by Bobby 5 years ago, he's got a great work flow.

@BrianH

Wow, I really love the head and expression of that lucky dragon! You're a lucky guy, that is going to be a powerful backpiece.

Nice starts, respectively, gentleman

I'm in for round 3 on monday, round 4 the week after, wish me luck :cool: