Full Back Piece Experience Thread

gougetheeyes

DAMN

@Pleadco

Really dig the antlers the wicked wolf is popping out through, cool idea.

Rob Noseworthy is at Black n Blue ? Was a cat named Bobby Tripp there? I was tattooed by Bobby 5 years ago, he's got a great work flow.

@BrianH

Wow, I really love the head and expression of that lucky dragon! You're a lucky guy, that is going to be a powerful backpiece.

Nice starts, respectively, gentleman

I'm in for round 3 on monday, round 4 the week after, wish me luck :cool:

Thanks . Aye, Rob is at Black and Blue with Bobby Tripp, who is another artist out of there I wouldn't mind getting tattooed by :).

@Graeme, When I came back across the border I told them that I had been "visiting friends" per your suggestion. I got way less crap, hah. Lesson learned.

P.S. I still have to take my wife's foot long hunting knife out from under the seat before the next trip.

Just got home from a relaxing and respectful 3.5 hours on the Shaolin back w/ TheGangOfOne

Finished all the black clouds on the mid-back, did some borders around the ribs on both sides and the R armpit (oof), hit a grapefruit sized chunk across the mid-spine and over the kidneys. The solid blackness of the background is really helping the monk pop forward. Also got the back of my knee filled (praise be to the Buddha, never again!) and shaded the waves and rocks on the back of thigh. We figure another 2 solid sits to get the waves and waterfall across the lower back and fill up the bum. Back on the table next week.

So far 3 sessions, 12 hrs total.

Today I hit 190hrs total over my 12 years in this silly tattoo thing...gotta keep going ;)

Couple hours in today, more and more black! Steve worked on the waterfall and waves off the bum and down the side. most of my previous tattoos are now bordered in which was a really cool thing to watch (sore neck haha). Especially with this cool Escher dragon Steve had put on my ribs 10 years ago. It had a intense start, straight over the kidneys. yikes. mental session if you know what i mean. half a cheek and down the back thigh. you cats weren't joking. but made some really visible progress and the piece is really coming together and at a good pace. I'm going to wait two or three weeks to finish the lower waves and rocks, hope to have the background all in before heading on a vacation. Then all the colour in May.

I'll post some shots after the redness and yellowing mellow out. Really feeling the fit of my tattoo suit.

:)

• 2 weeks later...
Did another six hours yesterday covering the waist to knees. I watched a couple of movies which helped keep my mind off everything, although I found the ass/legs to be way easier than the lower back. We've got 10 hours total so far, and the next appointment is only in a few weeks, woot!

[ATTACH]12064[/ATTACH]

Wow - that's gonna be awesome! (But I gotta say that your unfinished right cheek looks like a piece of broccoli right now :D)