Full Back Piece Experience Thread

gougetheeyes

So here is the remainder. Kongo Yasha Myo-o in his full glory from Dana Helmuth.

This was pretty much the home stretch at this point. Once all the shading was done, the color was only about 1/3 of the remaining time I spent with Dana.

I love Dana's snakes. Once mine got colored in, I couldn't stop staring at it, I still can't. Also everyone loves the blue, and so do I. It's bold, and it'll be awesome for a long time.

I spent a lot of time at Read Street Tattoo in Baltimore and it was a great shop. The final session was in Dana's tattoo lair at his home in Maryland and it's a true honor to be a member of his back piece club.

And the final obligatory baby picture, because I want to be as cool as @hogg.

@Cork It's awesome to see the progression of your back in a collection like that. Going through these forums I forget what I've seen sometimes, and having your comments to accompany it is really interesting.

@cltattooing that is a great start to your back as well. Who is doing it out of interest? Apology if you've already mentioned that some where else.

Sorry for not responding to everyone earlier, I posted that right before sitting down for dinner but oh man, thank you for the overwhelming positive response!

@Cork so insanely cool to see all of that as a process!! Must have been neat to put those photos together and take a trip down memory lane with all of it. I also have taken pain killers for getting the linework done, and you are absolutely right about it not doing a whole lot as far as actually dulling the pain. You definitely still feel everything and it is pretty intense, it just isn't quite so brutal and immediate.

@pidjones thank you! I figured instagram wouldn't be the right place for this one, the format is so irregular for photo sharing.

@Pugilist thanks, Anna! Also very impressed with that as well, can't fathom actually trying to draw that.

@MrToby Thank you! The artist is Kahlil Rintye at Tattoo City in SF.

@Diehardonvhs @Lance @sophistre @mmikaoj @Rob I @hogg @suburbanxcore

Thank you guys very much! Means a lot!

@BrianH WOW WOW WOW SO SICK! Damn!!