Full Back Piece Experience Thread

gougetheeyes

On November 29, 2017 at 9:33 AM, GraceAnnne said:

Also...the outline on the love handles?!?! HOLY HELL! I never knew pain like that existed lol
i have my inner thighs/feet/chest all done and i didnt think pain could get much worse but WOW!! 
i could have almost passed out when he was hitting those spots. I felt like such a baby!!!

The first lines my artist did on my back were right on my love handles. I thought, I'm not going to be able to finish this! I got into the zone and got through it and then I thought, if I can get through this, I can get through anything. A couple years later I started working on my current piece that goes on to my stomach - a whole new level of pain for me.

My artist always says, just because it hurts isn't a good reason to not get tattooed. DOH!

about to start my back piece in 2 months with dan molloy in perth. got 5 sessions squeezed into a week. i should not have gone into this thread lol. reading about the pain has made me much more nervous than i already am. 

with that being said, any advise on how i’d go about healing this?

Edited by Dominiccjs

@Dominiccjs lol ...i can relate! i had myself psyched out about the pain from reading so much on this thread. Honestly, it sucks, BUT you can do it.

Drink LOTS of water and eat small snacks (fruit/nuts) on every break.  The healing process is a breeze. My back has healed better than any tattoo ive gotten over the past 10 years. 

Also, Dan Molloy rules so hard.  That Kali backpiece he did on his wife is unreal.  Dont stress, its all worth it. 

7 hours ago, GraceAnnne said:

@Dominiccjs lol ...i can relate! i had myself psyched out about the pain from reading so much on this thread. Honestly, it sucks, BUT you can do it.

Drink LOTS of water and eat small snacks (fruit/nuts) on every break.  The healing process is a breeze. My back has healed better than any tattoo ive gotten over the past 10 years. 

Also, Dan Molloy rules so hard.  That Kali backpiece he did on his wife is unreal.  Dont stress, its all worth it. 

yes! that backpiece is crazy. she also has a voldemort piece from him on her hip/thigh that is absolutely insane. probably the best healed bng realism piece i’ve seen to date. 

will definitely try and get some food in me every small break, dan is a smoker so i’m sure we’ll have a few. 

1 hour ago, scottyg said:

@Dominiccjs It's nerve wrecking at first but you got this. take the other lesson from this thread: as painful as it can be if all these people can do it you can too. I'm going at a much slower rate, but you got this.

Good luck!

thanks for the encouragement! i’m no stranger to multiple day sits. did 28 hours over 3 consecutive days for my sleeve. the back really sounds like it’s going to be a whole different beast though. 

On 12/13/2017 at 5:54 PM, Hands On said:

thanks for sharing your backs, everyone!

@GraceAnnne, @scottyg, @Colored Guy and @Stephanie . can't wait to see the continued progress! hang in there!!!

@breakthischain nice work! that picture looks fuckin cold tho! hahahahhaha.

@cfmartin67... the main piece is amazing, but that smaller lady parts swastika is somethin' else!

🤘

As 2017 is ending soon I'll post a final pic of the progress we made on my dragon backpiece this year. First session was march 31st, 7 sessions overall with about 22 to 25h so far.

Probably won't be able to keep that pace up in 2018, but let's see how it will turn out...

7_2017-10-21_01.thumb.JPG.25707e00291984dc8a46ca1fd3c535d1.JPG

Best wishes and happy new year to everyone :8_laughing: