Full Back Piece Experience Thread

gougetheeyes

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Hogrider said:

My back piece took about 18 months. About one session a month. Sometimes two, sometimes skip. 3 hours per session. It was worth it.

3 hours is a real sweet spot for me too. No need to go much longer. Props to those who can continually do the marathon sessions. I like to look forward to my session each month, not dread it 😂.

On 7/11/2023 at 4:48 AM, Colby744 said:

We’re doing 1 session a month. It’s a good cadence for me, we do about 3 hours per session. 

3 hours on the back would be plenty I'd imagine! 

The regular appointments would be nice to look forward to- Are you finding you're developing a bit of a ritual leading up these appointments now?

On 7/13/2023 at 11:36 AM, TattooedMumma said:

3 hours on the back would be plenty I'd imagine! 

The regular appointments would be nice to look forward to- Are you finding you're developing a bit of a ritual leading up these appointments now?

For sure, big breakfast and centering my mind is super helpful. I’ve noticed on days that I’m feeling impatient that the sessions are more difficult mentally. So I just try to be present and it goes much better! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, long time lurker here. Reading through this thread has always been really informative (and fear inducing) but now I'm midway through my own backpiece and figured I'd drop in a progress report. I'm getting it done by Jacob Redmond at Fourth Street Tattoo. We're roughly 20 hours in so far. The pain is no joke, but it was definitely front heavy with the linework. Shading overall has been bearable.

image.thumb.jpeg.6ef5ab18ed7eea8feb6a6329e31614b3.jpeg

Next sessions should be a fun one, we'll be filling in that buttcrack and starting on the scales. 😬 The pressure is on to choose a color and I'm still waffling a lot. I love the classic look of black scales red belly, but something about this design says blue dragon to me. What do you all think? 

7 hours ago, Arcadefunk said:

Hey everyone, long time lurker here. Reading through this thread has always been really informative (and fear inducing) but now I'm midway through my own backpiece and figured I'd drop in a progress report. I'm getting it done by Jacob Redmond at Fourth Street Tattoo. We're roughly 20 hours in so far. The pain is no joke, but it was definitely front heavy with the linework. Shading overall has been bearable.

image.thumb.jpeg.6ef5ab18ed7eea8feb6a6329e31614b3.jpeg

Next sessions should be a fun one, we'll be filling in that buttcrack and starting on the scales. 😬 The pressure is on to choose a color and I'm still waffling a lot. I love the classic look of black scales red belly, but something about this design says blue dragon to me. What do you all think? 

Nice! I’d always go with the classic.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...