Full Back Piece Experience Thread

gougetheeyes

I did my back and rear end in a total of 12 sessions, each two weeks apart. I started with four hours, but after three sessions my artist and I went back to three hour sessions. My artist said I was tensing up too much.

overall it was not bad not great, sometimes itchy, sometimes sore. Bandages were a pain, but necessary.

knowing what I know now, would I get my back done if it was bare? Absolutely yes

I did my back and rear end in a total of 12 sessions, each two weeks apart. I started with four hours, but after three sessions my artist and I went back to three hour sessions. My artist said I was tensing up too much.

overall it was not bad not great, sometimes itchy, sometimes sore. Bandages were a pain, but necessary.

knowing what I know now, would I get my back done if it was bare? Absolutely yes

Your back is awesome. Who did it?

I think I have a great traditional back piece idea! Now I just need to make 2015 come faster.... But at least having a more concrete design idea to dream about makes it feel more real.

Haha I can't believe I felt certain enough to make such a declaration. I flip flop on ideas daily and recently I started thinking about doing a front piece instead.

Only 368 days until appointment #1!

Tommorow I am going to start my backpiece. But I have been searching for tips about what to wear.

Tommorow were outlining everything. From upper back down to my as what should I wear so I can be covered up but still can be moved around the clothing so the artist can tattoo

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

I go Fundoshi for any ass session. Covering up your hole should be required, and not just considered a courtesy. I bring a towel or 2 to stay modest while walking around the shop. The towels also help a little with warmth if the shop is chilly. You can drape them over the area that isn't being hit to conserve some body heat. I know @hogg recommends the reverse bathrobe, but it is hell trying to find a men's bathrobe. The stores just don't sell them unless it's Christmas time. I even tried looking for women's sizes but they just don't come big enough. Maybe you can find one on online. The towels worked for me so I just gave up the bathrobe search, especially since I will never use it anyways once my back is done.

If all you are doing is going down to the top of the ass, just wear some light sweatpants and boxers that can be moved easily. Boxers can be manipulated to almost any position if you are uncomfortable about taking the dive and going full fundoshi.

Well today i had my first session. On my back. And after 6 hours i was woord out. I was shakey And couldnt hold my pain anymore ( normally I can sit up till 10 hours at the time) so we called it a day. We did most outlines but next time we do the last couple of bits. And do the shading part. I underestimate how much pain and work this was going to be. And to be honest I feel like a pussy for tapping out. I feel really bad right now.

Well today i had my first session. On my back. And after 6 hours i was woord out. I was shakey And couldnt hold my pain anymore ( normally I can sit up till 10 hours at the time) so we called it a day. We did most outlines but next time we do the last couple of bits. And do the shading part. I underestimate how much pain and work this was going to be. And to be honest I feel like a pussy for tapping out. I feel really bad right now.

That amount of tattooing on your back is no joke dude! I would say you did damn well. I usually sit for 5 hours at a time on my back and its all I can do to remain functional.

That amount of tattooing on your back is no joke dude! I would say you did damn well. I usually sit for 5 hours at a time on my back and its all I can do to remain functional.

This makes me feel a Little better About myself.

I had the same yesterday, we had to take a brake a couple of times because i couldn't stop shaking, and today i'm sore all over, every muscle in my upper body feels like a had a fitness session yesterday :)

@Chap

I really think your back and front fall into a different category to other parts of the body. 6 hours on your back is far, far tougher than the same duration on your arms or legs... As I'm sure you know. So, I wouldn't feel bad!

Besides, there's always next time... You've got a personal record to beat :/

@Chap

I really think your back and front fall into a different category to other parts of the body. 6 hours on your back is far, far tougher than the same duration on your arms or legs... As I'm sure you know. So, I wouldn't feel bad!

Besides, there's always next time... You've got a personal record to beat :/

I know but still, the outlines at unfinished and to finish them I need another 4-5 hours something I really couldn't take today. But you know to the people that don't know shit about tattoos it looks unfinished wich it is (but they just don't understand ). And that bothers me Bit.

There's something magical about the full back tattoo.

As young as 12, I was always awe inspired by seeing pictures, especially group photos of people posing for the photographs. I just knew that some day, I too needed to have that full back tattoo.

Today, that's the tattoo out of all my collection that has the most significance.

As people have already mentioned, it's no easy task. I think those big long sweeping lines that pick up all those different nerve endings was the most memorable experience for me.

Don't concern yourself too much with the time you spend under the machine.

I too use to look at long sittings as a significant feat, but these days I come to realise that time spent, is still time spent under the machine, whether you sit for 10,5,2 or 1 hours...every hour is still earned. There's no shortcuts. That tattoo has been earned through determination, a particular mind set and pain.

There's something magical about the full back tattoo.

As young as 12, I was always awe inspired by seeing pictures, especially group photos of people posing for the photographs. I just knew that some day, I too needed to have that full back tattoo.

Today, that's the tattoo out of all my collection that has the most significance.

As people have already mentioned, it's no easy task. I think those big long sweeping lines that pick up all those different nerve endings was the most memorable experience for me.

Don't concern yourself too much with the time you spend under the machine.

I too use to look at long sittings as a significant feat, but these days I come to realise that time spent, is still time spent under the machine, whether you sit for 10,5,2 or 1 hours...every hour is still earned. There's no shortcuts. That tattoo has been earned through determination, a particular mind set and pain.

I still remember my first full backpiece that i saw. I was About 7-8 years old

On a campsite And there was this guy About 25-30 years old with a whole back piece of a Jaguar head. It always stood with me that image of that guy.