Full Back Piece Experience Thread

gougetheeyes

What's a CBD pill?, anyone.

Mick, exume is very wrong. You will feel zero heavy, drowsy "couch lock" stuff. In fact you will feel completely, 100% the same as usual.

The only difference is that you will have a significantly easier time staying relaxed, and pain free when the needle hits your skin.

The only thing that exume is right about, is that it is not THC (that's why it doesn't give you any sensation of being high at all).

Try looking it up on google for further clarity, of if you feel you still aren't quite confident with what I am saying here.

I believe it is a fantastic option for those that don't want to get high, or addicted to anything. Besides, you're not going to be able to find it anyways, unless you have access to a professional medical dispensary (i.e. in Vancouver).

There are other plant-based options that can help during the tattoo process vis a vis easier time staying relaxed, and putting aside the pain in addition to cannabis/cbd, that won't make you high or become addicted.

Browsing LST while getting tattooed, a good way to pass the time. Looks good!

Thanks, all!

Yeah, I was gonna start a thread called "Thread for posting while getting tattooed" (a la "Thread for posting while inebriated") but it would just be full of posts like, "Oohhh, why did I decide to get this multi-session tattoo?", "I seriously signed up for this?", "This is freaking killing me!", "My muscle just won't stop twitching," "I want to tap out now. You can't tap out. But I'm getting close. No you're not, don't be a pussy, it's not a good stopping point. But I'm starting to lose it. Buck up, girlfriend. La la la la la la la la. Where the fuck is my happy place?!? Time to put on the head-banger playlist and scream along to the lyrics in your mind."

But hey, it's a great morning - I didn't stick to the sheets last night!

Anyone else with a really long wait to appointment #1? My wait is down to 203 days but still undecided about ideas. I'm starting to have the "o fuck this is going to be a huge time/money/travel commitment!" thoughts. Hoping to chat with Mike in Montreal in September to throw some ideas on the table and get a clearer vision of what will work best.

I had about 3 years to figure out what I wanted. With regards to the appointment, I could have had an appointment within the first couple months after finally coming to Dana because he was really in to the idea, but I had to wait for various reasons. So the wait ended up longer than it had to, but yes there were plenty of mind games the entire time. The commitment is very demanding, but I can tell you that if I had 2 backs, I would do it all over again.

Anything Mike will throw on you will be awesome, so at least you won't have to worry too much. My leaning has always been deities/characters over animals, but that's just me.

Anyone else with a really long wait to appointment #1? My wait is down to 203 days but still undecided about ideas. I'm starting to have the "o fuck this is going to be a huge time/money/travel commitment!" thoughts. Hoping to chat with Mike in Montreal in September to throw some ideas on the table and get a clearer vision of what will work best.

Yes! I've got until mid April 2015 (262 days) for appt #1, and lately I've been going through the "oh fucks." I've already laid my ideas down, so every time I check his Instagram for pieces he's done with similar elements, it relaxes and reassures me I've made the right decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I am now two sessions into my back piece. See the pictures on the other Full Back Piece Thread. Before we started the first one my artist said to me "Hold on to your hat." I thought he meant just for that start. Turns out that statement definitely applies to the whole process. In general it has been pretty good so far with 3 hour session once a month but certain moments my metaphorical hat has certainly been lost. That spot on the love handles... dear lord!!! Who decided that was a good part of the body to get tattooed?

There have been some quite funny moments throughout the first couple of sessions. I was slightly amused by one of the other clients in the studio during my first session who was fretting over a 20 minute piece on the bottom of her neck between the shoulders. Now I know every tattoo hurts and I never want to put anyone down for being worried about it because I have had those worries and totally sympathise, but I was just lining up for the start of a back piece... the difference in the situations just made me chuckle.

There was also the awkward moment when I was standing with a towel held over the key area and my artist was doing some drawing and the primary school over the road emptied out for the end of the day. I felt like there was something slightly awkward about parents picking up there 10 year old kids whilst I was standing in plain view with my ass on show. Again it made me chuckle because what else can you do.

@MrToby give me a few days and I'm going to regret like hell saying this, but short tattoos almost seem like they would hurt more than long ones because the start of a tattoo always sucks before the endorphins kick in. The last tattoo I had was a small one on my calf, it took about an hour, and at the start of it I was like "why do I do this to myself, tattoos hurt!" because those first few lines are always awful.

I am doubtlessly going to regret saying this because I start my back on Thursday. I visited the shop and saw the drawing for it today and it's amazing and I am super excited, but the plan for the first session seems pretty ambitious! It's going to be rad though, I'm super stoked on getting started and watching it come together. I'll post pictures after the first session.

@Graeme Don't get me wrong those small pieces really do suck some times. I decided that the right way to go for my first tattoo was a piece on the inside of the bicep. That was certainly no fun especially when it got up there near the armpit. As you say it is all about the endorfins. If I could convince my body to send them quicker and last longer then I sure as hell would. I really do sympathise with the girl that was getting that piece it just made me chuckle for some reason. Definitely let us know how round one on your back goes. What are you getting by the way?

"I want to tap out now. You can't tap out. But I'm getting close. No you're not, don't be a pussy, it's not a good stopping point. But I'm starting to lose it. Buck up, girlfriend. La la la la la la la la. Where the fuck is my happy place?!?

I found it. 90 minutes into a long trail run this morning.

Hope to use it on Friday for session 9.

Happy+Place+sm.jpg