gougetheeyes

Full Back Piece Experience Thread

On 8/10/2018 at 9:49 AM, scottyg said:

I'm already planning my right calf and 3/4 sleeves with chest panels.... not good.

Nice, we're going in opposite directions! I am starting on my back in a few months. Not sure which one of the two of us will be having it worse. The feeling of the tebori needles in the front of my worn out and permanently-painful right shoulder where I have all the knots produced the most pain I could recall ever having 😵 Hope my back won't disprove my last statement.

First post here at LST, just wanted to thank everyone for sharing their experiences across this thread. I'm currently two weeks away from my first sitting on my Fudo Myo-o backpiece and reading my way through what everyone has had to say has been helping both fuel my stoke and nerves for it! 

@scottyg Thanks man! Hanan Qattan is doing it, she tattoos from Circle of Swords in Worcester. She has already done a sleeve of sea beasts for me, as well my knees so we're pretty well acquainted and she's always nailed great designs based on my suggestions before. I've given her carte blanche to play around with the design and come up with something rad, I can't wait to see what she's drawn up for me, counting down the days!

And I'm back! Had my first session a few days ago, we went for about 7 and a half hours or so and got all the outline done. Was definitely a tough session, the kidneys, parts just below my neckline and the tailbone were all particularly unpleasant. I'm hoping the shading will go a little easier on me.

We're going to add some more at some point so that my ass is covered, probably flowers or some cool swirling wind bars. Next session is another day in about three weeks or so.

I couldn't be happier with how its looking currently, I just wish I didn't have the view intruded upon by the old pieces, still, they'll be gone soon enough! I can't wait to see how it all unfolds from here really. 

DSCF9412.JPG

Allright, you weren't joking. Had my first two days this wekend;  the back is horrific to work on. And outlining on the back of the thighs... the pain was near indescribable. Made the arse, spine and back part of the ribs pale by comparison.

All of you are utter beasts for doing this purely by machine. I cannot even fathom.

😵

Have a few months before my next session, hopefully I'll completely forget about what this weekend was like by then.

Edited by piccalilli

20 month after my first appointment, after 40h in 12 sessions, my back was finally finished a week ago. I'm so happy that I'm done for now but there are already some plans if and what possibly could be my next step towards an even more colorfull body....😋 Not sure if I'll first go for my right butt cheek and upper thights or if I'll start with my arms... But well, that's the future. Won't probably get anything new until end 2019 or even 2020. At least not until I was able to put some money aside to get it done in a foreseeable period of time.

894804547_2018-11-1112_48_00.thumb.jpg.320384c3b248b94ae4ae90a95b8a701e.jpg

On 11/19/2018 at 9:35 AM, piccalilli said:

Have a few months before my next session, hopefully I'll completely forget about what this weekend was like by then.

You won't forget. You'll never forget it. The thought of it will make you shudder for years to come.  But you'll still go. You'll dread every moment up to the session and despise every moment the needle is on skin. But that dread and despise will be mixed with excitement and stoke. Then, when you're getting that last wipe down of the session and checking it out in the mirror, all the dread will be gone and the stoke will increase exponentially. Enjoy it!

But then healing. 😐

1 hour ago, Hands On said:

You won't forget. You'll never forget it. The thought of it will make you shudder for years to come.  But you'll still go. You'll dread every moment up to the session and despise every moment the needle is on skin. But that dread and despise will be mixed with excitement and stoke. Then, when you're getting that last wipe down of the session and checking it out in the mirror, all the dread will be gone and the stoke will increase exponentially. Enjoy it!

But then healing. 😐

hahaha you're a riot

But seriously some of this is definitely true. I get nervous before hand and all the way out to Brooklyn still, but as soon as I enter the shop I'm chill. While getting tattooed I tried to talk as much as humanly possible--that gets me through it. And then yes, totally, that last wipe down is such a relief!

And then it's on to the next month....