gougetheeyes

Full Back Piece Experience Thread

On 8/10/2018 at 9:49 AM, scottyg said:

I'm already planning my right calf and 3/4 sleeves with chest panels.... not good.

Nice, we're going in opposite directions! I am starting on my back in a few months. Not sure which one of the two of us will be having it worse. The feeling of the tebori needles in the front of my worn out and permanently-painful right shoulder where I have all the knots produced the most pain I could recall ever having 😵 Hope my back won't disprove my last statement.

First post here at LST, just wanted to thank everyone for sharing their experiences across this thread. I'm currently two weeks away from my first sitting on my Fudo Myo-o backpiece and reading my way through what everyone has had to say has been helping both fuel my stoke and nerves for it! 

@scottyg Thanks man! Hanan Qattan is doing it, she tattoos from Circle of Swords in Worcester. She has already done a sleeve of sea beasts for me, as well my knees so we're pretty well acquainted and she's always nailed great designs based on my suggestions before. I've given her carte blanche to play around with the design and come up with something rad, I can't wait to see what she's drawn up for me, counting down the days!

And I'm back! Had my first session a few days ago, we went for about 7 and a half hours or so and got all the outline done. Was definitely a tough session, the kidneys, parts just below my neckline and the tailbone were all particularly unpleasant. I'm hoping the shading will go a little easier on me.

We're going to add some more at some point so that my ass is covered, probably flowers or some cool swirling wind bars. Next session is another day in about three weeks or so.

I couldn't be happier with how its looking currently, I just wish I didn't have the view intruded upon by the old pieces, still, they'll be gone soon enough! I can't wait to see how it all unfolds from here really. 

DSCF9412.JPG

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Posts

• As has been said, there's nothing at all you can do for a little while in any event. I've had a knee jerk reaction to a piece before that I was convinced would never settle into my collection and after a bit of time, it looks just fine to me.  Hope you come to like it more, it's a nice tattoo.
    • Hi guys! Recently got a tattoo of an angel on my rib. I think my expectations did not come across clearly to the artist, and the tattoo ended up looking a bit more cartoonish than realistic imho. However,  1) Are there things that can be improved about the existing tattoo? e.g. the angel's body, the wing, the woman etc? 2) Am thinking of filling up my whole rib as a result of the tattoo in order to make it look more like a greek painting e.g. blob:https://web.whatsapp.com/b4240b86-2a70-41b5-9054-ef51309dbe93 With the rest of the space on my ribs in picture, what are your ideas for things I can add to make it seem more aesthetic? I was thinking maybe some clouds and sunrays, a second wing etc.   Please, please do offer me your input guys! I just want a piece im happy to carry with my whole life - quite far from it as of now!    
    • The truth is that both of your tattoos will fade anyway with no black outlines. They will probably both just be blobs of colors in a few years. 
  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

• Instagram #LastSparrow

• Recent Topics

• Similar Content

• By Huero
      Post images of things and people that you find rad, gnarly, far-out or inspirational. I'll go first...  [images removed after they became broken..]
    • By PopsBdog
      Heading to Oakland, California to see Freddy Corbin at Temple tattoo to get inked for our 25th wedding anniversary.
      Appointment is noon, Tuesday.
      Daniel Higgs did the original wedding tattoos at Realistic Studio in San Francisco and Freddy was in the shop watching and making comments while he was doing us. Daniel doesn't do tattoos any more. So our first choice is Freddy to keep spiritual continuity.
      The wife and me are getting a "25-XXV added somewhere . I am also getting a "Dragon" mixed into it...
      I'll keep you up to date.
      :cool:
    • By nina
      Hello! So this is my second intro post, but ive taken my original idea and reworked it, Just would like some feedback. Basically, the body drawings are rough sketches, of course the feathers would be done better and the little girl would look more like the one in the pic with the long quote. The quote ive shortened to "happiness is not the absence of struggle". There's a ton of meaning behind every inch of this design and I could explain it, but really im just looking for feedback on the tattoo aesthetically. Im planning on keeping it all black ink, but if you think colour would look nice somewhere, let me know! This will be my first tattoo so all the feedback is appreciated greatly. Keep in mind these are rough sketches and my artist (who I met today!! :D ) will be drawing it out more nicely. Im likely going to have to break it up into pieces and do it over the course of the year because of cost, opposed to squeezing it into a month or two. As far as pricing goes, what do you guys think? I just want to get a few more quotes before I commit to this shop. Thanks a million!
      cant get photos to upload on post.. check out my gallery :)
    • By traditionalguy
      hi all this is my introduction thread. im a huge enthusiast in tattoos and i love american traditional style hence the name. im going to school to major in art education but i all types of art. the reason i titled this thread trad. flash help is because i drew an american traditional design and would like some input on it. i had planned to get it on my left leg but placement is still up in the air and i dont know if i should keep all of the elements. i also want to get a homeward bound ship on the same leg in the future so i need to plan around that. constructive criticism is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance guys