New with tattoo regret

cailin.rua

Hey I'm Abbey... First of all, I'm excited to have found such a nice tattoo community. I got a tattoo about 3 weeks ago and, although I think it's a really nice tattoo, it's not what I wanted. I was so excited about getting it that I failed to mention the fact that I wanted line work ONLY and no B/W shading (basically just wanted their outlines against my skin). She asked if I wanted black and white and I just blurted out a simple "yes" (thinking she knew what was on my mind) and let her move forward. I didn't look down for a while at what she was doing (talking excitedly to my husband) and by the time I had it was too late... she'd already shaded in the eyes and some parts of their bodies. I feel like such an idiot for just assuming she knew what I wanted.

Anyway, here I am with a question. I was thinking about filling in the shaded areas on the bodies of the mice and in the eyes with a skin tone color to kind of give the appearance of my skin only and the line work and nothing else. Is this a ridiculous idea? Is there anything I can do to lighten the shading? Should I just accept it and move on?

Any input is greatly appreciated. And again, I do think this artist did a really nice job... I just don't think the tattoo is ME, and at the moment it's just pissing me off because I didn't speak up.

***Pictures below (kind of blurry - sorry)

Side note - The artist who originally drew the mice is Teagan White (she kindly allows the replication of her work for tattoos as long as you donate to one of the charities she's posted on her website).

twmice2.jpg

twmice3.jpg

Edited by cailin.rua

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2018 at 4:40 PM, abiathar aggelos episkopos said:

That's not bad, I like rats but I also like archery even though chickens don't and chickens, like iron maiden, are good for making noise which I dont understand whether I want to hear it or not.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Huh?

• 1 month later...