Is it just me or is this sloppy line work?

morgz100

My friend made an appointment for the two of us to get these small tattoos we’ve been planning. I liked the tattoo her artist did for her so I was comfortable with her making the appointment. But now that I am looking at the artist’s Instagram, I’m not feeling it.

I see some occasional clean line work but also a lot shaky lines and pickups, as well as inconsistent shapes in designs that have repeating shapes (which is especially concerning since the design I want is mostly repeating shapes).

Do you think I am being overly critical or does anyone else see what I am seeing?

https://instagram.com/nicejestattoos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ETA: Just showed this to some other friends who agreed. We cancelled our appointments.

Way too inconsistent. Also, keep in mind, most artists only post their BEST work.

Right??! If this is the best she can do that is very concerning. My friend was able to cancel our appointments in time not to pay any penalty so PHEW. I’m officially in charge of selecting the artist.

17 hours ago, morgz100 said:

Right??! If this is the best she can do that is very concerning. My friend was able to cancel our appointments in time not to pay any penalty so PHEW. I’m officially in charge of selecting the artist. emoji51.png

Sadly, many people spend more time picking out what socks they'll wear to work than they do picking out the person that is going to ink them for life.