Bump under my tattoo!?

Rcal

Hi,

I just got my first tattoo 3 weeks ago, and a few days ago I noticed a small bubbly bump formed under my tattoo.  I used tegaderm for the first 3 days removed it and cleaned with antibacterial soap and let it air dry, as I was directed to by the artist. The skin scabbed and peeled as normal. I contacted the artist who did the tattoo and she offered me a dermatologist to go to!? Does anyone have any idea what this is or could be. It does not hurt, itch or feel irritated at all. Please help this tattoo newbie!

20181012_063308.jpg

Edited by Rcal

31 minutes ago, Rcal said:

Thank you Gingerninja.  My friends kept telling me it was a mole, however I am 99% sure that it wasn't there prior to my tattoo. 

keep in mind that any artist that knows what they are doing will never tattoo over a mole.

So I am guessing that it is just a "tattoo pimple" that I have had too and it will go away IMO.

just my .02

Edited by Dan

1 hour ago, Rcal said:

Thank you Gingerninja.  My friends kept telling me it was a mole, however I am 99% sure that it wasn't there prior to my tattoo. 

Here's what I have learned

1) Sometimes you have bumps that take time to heal.

2) I, like you, didn't think that I had a bump in and/or around tattoos. My dermatologist has confirmed that I am a "grower" of bumps. I have developed bumps both in tattoos and outside of tattoos post tattoo but the two don't seem to be MEDICALLY related. 

3) My tattooer's to date have never tattooed a mole!

Hi there,

I got the same problem with tattoo bumps, it really takes time to heal. Mine was bigger than yours and I waited it for a month finally healed by itself. Make sure you keep it hydrated as well with enough aftercare ointment. It'll heal just fine 😊

P.s : colors usually takes more time to settle in, depends on one's skin condition.

PhotoGrid_1539738411072.jpg