What do you moisturize with?

ughanxiousppl

Posting this in after care but I’m talking lifetime of the tattoo not during healing. In Minnesota, my skin gets very dry and can make my healed tattoos seem dull. Normal lotion seems to absorb too fast and doesn’t last. Wondering if anyone has any lotions or body butters that they swear by? I just want to keep my tattoos bright when it’s dry. Nothing too fragrant as I’m a guy and I don’t want to smell too overwhelming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Dan said:

IMO Aveeno is hands down the best,

I used to use and think Lubriderm was the best, but Aveeno blows it away for an everyday moisturizer,Aveeno lasts all day. Lubriderm lasts about 25 minutes. 

I use Aveeno "daily Fragrance  Free". (green label)

I've been using Lubriderm, but maybe I'll give Aveeno a try for the next bottle.

I was actually talking to my wife about this stuff. She used to work at Sephora while going to grad school and she thinks I’ll like it. She ordered me some last night I’m pretty excited to try it. Do you apply it right after a shower when your skin is still damp?

I use coconut oil for moistuzing all year long. Get the refined kind if scent is an issue. When my skin is —really— dry I use Palmers Cocoa Butter. It has a distinct cocoa scent, though, so that may not be an option for you. However, it’s one of the few lotions that doesn’t make my skin itch or burn AND it’s cheap. Edited to add: I am fairly certain that I’m allergic to lanolin, which is what’s causing the itching and burning mentioned above. I also get a remarkable red rash from wool socks! 

Edited by AgitProp

10 hours ago, AgitProp said:

I use coconut oil for moistuzing all year long. Get the refined kind if scent is an issue. When my skin is —really— dry I use Palmers Cocoa Butter. It has a distinct cocoa scent, though, so that may not be an option for you. However, it’s one of the few lotions that doesn’t make my skin itch or burn AND it’s cheap. Edited to add: I am fairly certain that I’m allergic to lanolin, which is what’s causing the itching and burning mentioned above. I also get a remarkable red rash from wool socks! 

I love Palmers cocoa butter,great stuff too.

I use it on a fresh tattoo when I can't use Saniderm.

On 11/10/2018 at 7:43 AM, snyderju89 said:

I was actually talking to my wife about this stuff. She used to work at Sephora while going to grad school and she thinks I’ll like it. She ordered me some last night I’m pretty excited to try it. Do you apply it right after a shower when your skin is still damp?

I generally pat dry, then apply. 🙂 You are going to love it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:47 AM, mad6 said:

is anyone using a daily moisturizer with SPF in it for tattoos exposed to sun regularly, ie. arms? 

when I go on vacation to the islands or know I will be in the sun for a while,

I slather on the 50spf and sit under a cover,

otherwise I just use Aveeno all year every day(no sun block),

I stay out of the sun as much as possible,

like this 

beach.JPG

Edited by Dan

I use my regular moisturizer in the winter. During the warmer months, if my tattoos will be exposed I slap on some SPF 50 over my regular stuff before heading outdoors. Usually I try to avoid prolonged sun exposure anyways but I keep sunblock by the entry doors at my house and at the office. I also have a SPF rated shirt I keep in my car for emergencies.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'm going to try and find a good moisturizer with SPF in it. My new piece is on my inner forearm and its a watercolour piece. I know inner forearm isn't a super exposed spot but since it is watercolour I want to try and keep it as vibrant as possible for as long as possible. 

3 hours ago, mad6 said:

I think I'm going to try and find a good moisturizer with SPF in it. My new piece is on my inner forearm and its a watercolour piece. I know inner forearm isn't a super exposed spot but since it is watercolour I want to try and keep it as vibrant as possible for as long as possible. 

I like Aveeno products a lot.

https://www.aveeno.com/products/protect-hydrate-lotion-sunscreen-spf-70