Bumps on black ink

JessicaRae

On January 29, 2019 at 7:29 PM, Spirttattoos said:

I have bumps on my tattoo. They get itchy time to time, I think it’s just sweat bumps or pimples but I wanted to get someone’s opinion. I know they’re hard to see. Sorry 

A10ADBE0-8A07-4EB4-8232-74F76D9C75F7.jpeg

65FB5A07-3982-44AF-AB23-7C905546230C.jpeg

3E4A17CC-8F99-478C-ADF3-96F9576F0F3F.jpeg

I'm not a doctor, so take my advice for what it's worth, but assuming it's not a fresh tattoo, I'd try rubbing alcohol to dry it out for a few days and see if that helps.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Lianna said:

I have this exact same thing and I'm freaking out. 

Can anyone shed some light on what to do, will it go away?

Did you read the whole thread? One of the people was diagnosed with  Sarcoid granulomas.

I'm NOT a doctor, but my first thought is over moisturized. I'd try rubbing alcohol for a few days. If you're really worried, go see a doctor.

Hey everyone!  

Thanks for being such awesome people. 

@Hogrider the photos are of my tattoos, I was diagnosed with Sarcoidosis. Please go have the bumps biopsied by a doctor or dermatologist!  ASAP. 

My bumps have since gone away.  I have not been prescribed any medicine or had any treatments. 

I changed my diet from a healthy/clean/whole foods diet to primarily plant based diet and the bumps have almost vanished since. 

8FA40046-276C-47FF-963F-E3A15A56DCF7.jpeg

41538F73-458E-4536-A07B-2723217EC3F5.jpeg

05DE4ABA-6E55-4881-80A5-E10C507E976F.jpeg

726C139E-AADE-458B-92F0-BF16A45B47A0.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...

I am experiencing the very same thing currently. Been searching all over to find out what and why. I found this and it is exactly what I’m experiencing. The only difference is I have quite a few tattoos and it is only happening with one and only on the first word. Weird it wouldn’t be the whole tattoo. I will be scheduling an appointment with my dermatologist for sure. This is very worrisome. My tattoo is about 6 months old and no issues up until 2 days ago. Crazy. I hate it. 

• 4 weeks later...

This happened to me 3 weeks ago. Just the black ink on 4-5 tattoos. It begin during the time a had a viral cold and hasn’t gone down since. I’ve tried ice directly on them thinking it was heat or a fever that triggered it and it doesn’t help. The newer pics look like their gone. How long did it take to go away. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/24/2019 at 8:25 PM, JessicaRae said:

For some reason, some people that have black ink tattoos with sarcoidosis have this happen.  They're not sure why the sarcoid granulomas only seem to go after the black ink but here we are!  Healing my body now through food and not going to consume 23902038 steroids just to remove these.  I hope to post after photos in no time.  

Thank you all for your help and concern!  xo

So the doctors believe you already had sarcoidosis... And the granulomas are a side effect, that for some odd reason like black ink?? Just trying to make sure I understood your post correctly. 🙃

Because my bumps that I just noticed today are exactly like yours... And for maybe the last week and possibly previously if this is what it is....I have been having chest pain that I was totally freaking out about and being paranoid and thought was my heart, but in looking into sarcoidosis, it frequently affects your lungs!! So maybe I have some inflamed visitors in my lungs... Will definitely go to the doc ASAP, thanks for sharing your info. 😁

IMG_20190912_224210.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have the same issue with my tattoos, it’s been about three years since I had them done and only recently (three weeks or so) I’ve started to get bumps! I wasn’t concerned at first, just hopping it would go down but it’s been three weeks and I still have them? I can’t upload a picture or otherwise I would! Very strange tho! 

DABA7427-29C7-40CC-9D0D-E88A5E378E40.jpeg

6CD4FC14-75F6-4A33-BAA1-0AE316C8FC3B.jpeg

CEDB27BD-B1E5-44F6-84AF-4E69D740FC01.jpeg

0929EE0E-B5DA-46C3-90CA-616FE7AF7D24.jpeg

Edited by WILLIAM
Pictures of bumps

• 2 months later...

It's been a long since this post, anyway I just found this paper talking about the sarcoid granuloma in black tatoos. Unfortunately, I also have those lumps in a tatoo I had done 4 years ago... at the beggining it was just so itchy and now the lumps are horrible. 

Apparently the allergy to the metals found in the ink might be the cause.

I wanted to ask if you could get rid of them? 

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0190962205049467

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2019 at 9:25 PM, JessicaRae said:

For some reason, some people that have black ink tattoos with sarcoidosis have this happen.  They're not sure why the sarcoid granulomas only seem to go after the black ink but here we are!  Healing my body now through food and not going to consume 23902038 steroids just to remove these.  I hope to post after photos in no time.  

Any updates?  Mine look just like yours.  Got them last summer and they went away and now they’re back.  

On 7/5/2020 at 9:06 PM, SarahKay82 said:

Any updates?  Mine look just like yours.  Got them last summer and they went away and now they’re back.  

I read somewhere that you can have reactions to the sun on tattoos... is it just in the summer that it’s happening? Could be completely unrelated but just a thought. 

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone! Soo... I have similar bumps... but... they come and go and usually only one two or three at a time.. skin biopsy didnt show anything... do you guys think laser removal of the ink could help???? I HATE these stupid f ing bumps:///

• 2 months later...
On 1/24/2019 at 8:25 PM, JessicaRae said:

• 2 months later...

Hi. I’ve had a foot tattoo for about 7 years and for the past 3/4 years bumps exactly like this appear in the black ink on my tattoo. This may sound strange but they usually appear this time of the year (March) and last right through to October. It is painful and the whole tattoo feels like it’s sunburn when it’s not been in the sun. I did mention. It to the doctor at another appointment but he just dismissed it as an allergy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/14/2018 at 3:10 PM, JessicaRae said:

@Gingerninja yes ma’am.  Everything exactly the same. 😩😭

BA45AD45-AF62-4A27-A355-0FE987885C7A.jpeg

hey girl i know its 2021, but i just want to check you, cuz i realized that i have some of those bumps on my black tattoo, and i really want to know if i need to worry about it.
Did they finally disappeared? 

big hug