Newbie!! Hello! :)

Cinnamon Girl

Hello all!  I stumbled across this site while googling different pain levels for tattoos on parts of the body.  Have read some interesting  threads on here.  Glad to have found this place! 🙂 For me personally top of my back / between shoulder blades is the worst pain so far!

I got my hip/side done on Friday and after the 2.5 hour mark it started to hurt like a b*tch with the heavier lines but I got through it and I frikkin love it!!  What do you all think? (Please excuse my fat arse.)

Some slight bruising, very tender and in the most awkward place! But overall very very happy 🙂

Anyway... Hi 😁

IMG_20181217_212400.jpg

"I almost fell asleep while I was getting my back done"

I feel I should contribute (sorry about that) - 

I didn't (fall asleep) - I didn't like it in an "are we done for the day" kind of way.... and yes that's for most of it (although it's only 50% obvs)

(my back not yours to be clear)

Also my lower ribs and rear thingy wotsit were ridiculous and I'm not doing that again- sorry no good with medical terms - the flesh over the liver thingy and that - 

Cheers!

Happy Christmas!

Richard

Also - it really isn't a good reason not to get a tattoo - the experience is where it lives.

Edited by AtomicMagpye

2 hours ago, SStu said:

My wife actually did fall asleep during a little 1.5 hour back (shoulder blade) session. Convention setting with a bunch of noisy tvs, sound systems and machines blaring away. The resulting white noise put her out! 

shit ! I wish I could sleep that good at my quiet home at night ! LOL

3 hours ago, SStu said:

My wife actually did fall asleep during a little 1.5 hour back (shoulder blade) session. Convention setting with a bunch of noisy tvs, sound systems and machines blaring away. The resulting white noise put her out! 

The only reason I stayed away is I was afraid I'd move if I woke up and ruin a line.

22 hours ago, SStu said:

Wow.  That's impressive haha.  I had to do my back tattoo in 2 sessions and it probably only was around an hour and a half each time 😂 

Nice tatt! 

I haven't been tattooed on my hip, but only my front thigh, back/shoulder blade & close to spine, and my arm. 

The most painful I have experienced was in my elbow ditch area on the side. 

As well as on my shoulder close to the armpit area.

Generally all tattooing hurts the same for me --- even though I mentioned a most painful area, for all areas more or less hurt equally. That can be a pro and a con!!! 

Happy tattooing!  

On 12/22/2018 at 2:12 AM, SStu said:

Wow - how did she manage to fall asleep! I have tried to fall asleep but the sensation of being tattooed is too jarring for me to be able to do so. Best I can do lay there feeling sleepy without being able to fall asleep.