Tattoo Year in Review

tcgjake

Hello,

Thought it would be fun to start a thread to talk about tattoo's you got this year and what you hope to get next year, I'll start.

This year I got 2 new tattoos, a shrunken head (pictures in gallery) and an add on to a Friday the 13th tattoo I already had (pictures to follow, still healing) and my fiance got 1 of a dream catcher on her forearm. I've had a renewed itch to get tattoo'd so hoping to complete my left arm next year. I have two medium sized spots left on that arm, the first being my elbow which I plan on getting covered with a death moth in the beginning of March. The other is my upper half of my upper arm/should area which has a decent amount of space for a larger piece although I am not sure exactly what yet. I also have 3-4 spots I can fit small (2.5 sq in or less) tattoos that I have some plans for as well. Hopefully a few more too but we'll see what the budget allows.

What tattoos did you get this year and what do you plan on getting next year?

2018 started out with a Sailor Jerry ship at Leviticus Tattoo's annual Sailor Jerry Birthday bash and then a very small filler sparrow at the Minneapolis tattoo convention- both in January. May brought me a nice fish at Smith Street and the tattoo year finished up with a rocket ship back at Leviticus. 

2019 will bring another one from he Sailor Jerry Birthday party and then who knows what? Most of the tattoo budget will go to support my wife in getting a sleeve on her blank arm for her 40th year. 

Happy New Year!

Let's see...Tomo, Dan Sinnes, Paul Dobleman, Robert Ryan, DJ Rose, Laurent, Nick Colella, Grez, Mike Rubendall, Austin Maples and Stewart Robson rounded out 2018. 2019 will be a slower year but I hope still rad. ETA: Hendricks and Bryan Kienlen!

Thanks to all of you for your support. Wishing you an amazing 2019!

Edited by Gingerninja

@Danlovin' yours man, especially the devil and pumpkin!

@GingerninjaI suggest we change your name to pinchusion 😉🤣

This was only my second year of getting tattooed, but I was very happy with what I got.

The beginning of 2018 was 3 sessions to get this:

1763815997_Tigerfinished.thumb.jpg.39f59d1917515b568b65b5b5a35c2465.jpg

Fall of 2018 was a family tribute that may not be the very best tattoo in the world, but makes me smile every time I look at it.

IMG_20181007_175549330.thumb.jpg.76824b2c741b0ceece6be5042ee5cc43.jpg

For the coming year, I already have an email in requesting a consult for a traditional mom/dad tribute piece.  Looking forward to that and more!

19 hours ago, Gingerninja said:

Happy New Year!

Let's see...Tomo, Dan Sinnes, Paul Dobleman, Robert Ryan, DJ Rose, Laurent, Nick Colella, Grez, Mike Rubendall, Austin Maples and Stewart Robson rounded out 2018. 2019 will be a slower year but I hope still rad. ETA: Hendricks and Bryan Kienlen!

Thanks to all of you for your support. Wishing you an amazing 2019!

Impressive list in general so all in one year is incredible! Would love to get a Hendricks tattoo eventually as well. I am originally from Fullerton and my parents still live there and I go back often so hopefully sooner than later.

Happy New Year everyone!

Edited by tcgjake

• 2 weeks later...

I was on a tear in 2018.

My battle royal back piece finished up (eagle, snake and dragon) in late January

2 neck tattoos, April and May

Had some empty real estate on right forearm, got a large snake in March or April

Cover up on left upper arm early January

Tiger on left thigh December

Cover up Flower left foot in December

Edited by Colored Guy

• 2 weeks later...