Anxiety aftermath

saturnring

Hello, I recently got a tattoo of Saturn (my birth month and i’ve always loved space, sci-fi etc,) and I got it on a whim, but I really do like it. But I haven’t been able to sleep at night thinking about what if I do regret it? Or I become paranoid about it getting infected and I wish I didn’t have to deal with it. It’s been about 3 days since I’ve gotten it and I’m feeling anxious and scared, like this deep feeling in my stomach of fear. I’m not sure if it’s regret because I do like it. If someone could just help me or give me some advice i’d really appreciate it. 

14 minutes ago, saturnring said:

Hello, I recently got a tattoo of Saturn (my birth month and i’ve always loved space, sci-fi etc,) and I got it on a whim, but I really do like it. But I haven’t been able to sleep at night thinking about what if I do regret it? Or I become paranoid about it getting infected and I wish I didn’t have to deal with it. It’s been about 3 days since I’ve gotten it and I’m feeling anxious and scared, like this deep feeling in my stomach of fear. I’m not sure if it’s regret because I do like it. If someone could just help me or give me some advice i’d really appreciate it. 

those feelings of "tattoo remorse" are totally normal, we all get it in some form.

it will pass with a little time,

meanwhile, love your new tattoo, show it off with pride,

and start planning your next one !

2 minutes ago, Gingerninja said:

Breathe. As long as it isn't on your face, I am thinking you can chose when and where to show it until you get used to it. 🙂

It’s on my inner bicep, it’s only about the size of a quarter if even. Thank you, I woke up this morning feeling like I could breathe a bit easier.

No need to get upset.  Just try to put it out of your mind for a week or so and think of other things.  Take pride in doing something many want, but aren't brave enough to do.  Concentrate on liking it and try to avoid the "what-ifs".

If worse came to worse, you could have it covered with a design you like better or have it removed.

Relax and breath, it'll be fine.  Welcome btw.

I don't think it's uncommon to have mixed emotions like this after altering your body.  I know I've certainly had it with at least one tattoo, and it had nothing to do with the quality of it.  I quickly got over it and began enjoying the new way I look. 

Got a picture of it?  We like pictures 'round here...