Hi, I'm new!

Sihian

Hey! I've been going through old posts on this forum now for a while, ans I figured I'd sign up so I can actually post and get some advice that's more applicable to my situation. 🙂

So hi! I'm 21 years old, and after sitting on a idea, switching styles and doing research I've finally decided this year will be the year I'm going to get my first tattoo. I fell in love with the design composition of Vonthink/Santi posted below, as it incorporated everything I've wanted in a tattoo. However, I'm still undecided on whether to go with colour or black and white, as aged tattoo pictures of this relatively new style are hard to find. So that's one of the things I'm browsing the other forum for.

I'd also really like to know how to judge a portfolio. How do I know an artist is skilled vs designs tattoos that make pretty pictures that don't last as long as they should? A lot of artists don't post aged or even healed work, so I find it really difficult to really decide as a noob.

So sorry this became a wall of text. Uh, hi!

_20190113_200329.JPG