anyone have a high quality old tattoo?

bluebullets

Assuming the definition of a scar is a permanent mark, yes. That's absolutely what it is. I was being excessively crude to make a point though. I just hate people that get defensive about someone actually considering body modification instead of just going to a basement and getting some dyslexic $20 scratcher to give them a tattoo. I thought this was a high quality forum. I guess I was wrong
I have a half sleeve that is about 7 years old. Black and white. Love it. I'll touch it up if it fades. Coloured tattoos age less favorably though I hear. 

Nobody on this forum is going to tell you to get tattoos from a basement scratcher. Tattoos if done properly are also not scars... Maybe you’ve already visited a few basements if that’s what you think... Nobody can predict how a tattoo will look in 20 years. Everyone’s skin is different and everyone takes care of their skin differently. If you are worried about how it will look in 20 years then you might be a little too obsessive for such a commitment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

@bluebullets If it helps, the quality of the ink today is better than 20 years ago (so I hear). So todays ink should last better, and safer as we use synthetic azo dyes instead of metals to make color. 

Of course you need to take care of your ink as well.

You said you already have tattoos, but is more concerned about ageing for sleeves. From what I have seen, I think sleeves age really nicely!! 

Sorry....I dont have a 20 year tattoo but i just wanted to say I went for a sleeve over individual tattoos for the exact reason you are not😂

(But Im open to one piece shots on my leg or other arm, just need my wallet to recover)

Edited by ChoWai