anyone have a high quality old tattoo?

bluebullets

I am curious to see how a good tattoo looks after 10, 20 years. You can see some online, but most of the time, they were terrible tattoos new anyway. I'd like to have an idea how my sleeve would look in 20 years before I get it.. I have tattoos, but a sleeve is a bigger deal

On 1/13/2019 at 2:03 PM, bluebullets said:

I am curious to see how a good tattoo looks after 10, 20 years. You can see some online, but most of the time, they were terrible tattoos new anyway. I'd like to have an idea how my sleeve would look in 20 years before I get it.. I have tattoos, but a sleeve is a bigger deal

LOL who cares ?!?!?  

it's going to look like a nicely settled 20 yo tattoo.

maybe you shouldn't be getting tattoos if that is a serious concern of yours.

here is one of  my 24 yo tattoos (never touched up)

skull2.jpg

Edited by Dan

I'm an adult, not a child. When making a 4 figure investment in art and body modification, I like to do extensive research on artists, and I want to know how it will age. Simple responsible pragmatism. I do not scar myself on a whim. 

If I decide I want it, I'll get it. Otherwise, I will not get it. I asked a question about aged art.

12 hours ago, Hogrider said:

Wow, you view tattooing as scarring yourself? 

Assuming the definition of a scar is a permanent mark, yes. That's absolutely what it is. I was being excessively crude to make a point though. I just hate people that get defensive about someone actually considering body modification instead of just going to a basement and getting some dyslexic $20 scratcher to give them a tattoo. I thought this was a high quality forum. I guess I was wrong

I have a half sleeve that is about 7 years old. Black and white. Love it. I'll touch it up if it fades. Coloured tattoos age less favorably though I hear. 

Edited by bluebullets

5 hours ago, Gingerninja said:

Hey there. How have your existing tattoos aged? There are so many variables on how tattoo's age. 

I have a 7 (I think) year old half sleeve (more like a very large tattoo than a sleeve honestly) and it's aged well even with a lot of time in the sun, but it's black and white.. I think color tattoos are notorious for fading aren't they? 

9 hours ago, bluebullets said:

Coloured tattoos age less favorably though I hear. 

How quickly tattoos fade depend on the quality of your tattooer, the quality of your skin and how well you take care of it. You can control two of the three.  In your other post you say your tattoo has held up well even with a lot of time in the sun. If you are concerned with fading, keep out of the sun, it's really just that simple.

Also, very simple - you don't get the best results by insulting the people you are asking for help. This IS a quality forum, but you are welcome here anyway. :-)

12 hours ago, bluebullets said:

I think color tattoos are notorious for fading aren't they? 

I've got 20 year old color tattoos that are almost as vivid as the day they were done. There are many factors that play into longevity, not the least of which are quality of the ink, the tattooists ability and exposure to sun. 

Well, well, well. Someone got his panties in a wad.

My (mostly color) tattoos are between new and 7 years old. I am constantly asked if some of oldest ones are brand new because they look so bright and fresh. I keep out of the sun, and I moisturize.

In summary: 

Don't go to a shitty tattoo artist and get shitty tattoos. Get quality tattoos and take care of them, and they will look great for as long as you look after them.

1 hour ago, oboogie said:

Well, well, well. Someone got his panties in a wad.

It happens on every forum I'm on. Someone new comes on, posts the required number of posts all at once so they can start a thread, starts a thread, gets mad when they don't hear what they want to hear, then gets shitty to long time members. Fortunately, most of them disappear quickly.

6 hours ago, Hogrider said:

It happens on every forum I'm on. Someone new comes on, posts the required number of posts all at once so they can start a thread, starts a thread, gets mad when they don't hear what they want to hear, then gets shitty to long time members. Fortunately, most of them disappear quickly.

I've been on this forum for 6 years. Play again. 😊. Anyone who craps on someone for considering a lifetime decision is just... Well.. incorrect. 

Weirdly enough I did need to make 10 posts. Might've timed out or something. 

15 hours ago, bluebullets said:

I've been on this forum for 6 years. Play again. 😊. Anyone who craps on someone for considering a lifetime decision is just... Well.. incorrect. 

Weirdly enough I did need to make 10 posts. Might've timed out or something. 

No problem, I'll fix it.

Someone  starts a thread, gets mad when they don't hear what they want to hear, then gets shitty to other members. Fortunately, most of them disappear quickly.

1 hour ago, Hogrider said:

No problem, I'll fix it.

Someone  starts a thread, gets mad when they don't hear what they want to hear, then gets shitty to other members. Fortunately, most of them disappear quickly.

Consisting what I wanted to hear was pictures of aged quality tattoos and what I heard was DON'T GET A TATTOO. YOU SHOULDN'T CONSIDER LIFETIME DECISIONS...yes. 

Moving on though... I'll post pictures of my existing tattoos later. What do y'all think of this artist for a colour realism scenery tattoo 

https://instagram.com/amberrobyntattoos?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=ezc7n1y106hg

• 2 months later...