What if your tattoo is not a disaster, but you feel you are dissatisfied with one part of it?

ChoWai

Hey All, 

So I am asking this question in advance, as I still have 1 inner arm peony to go - otherwise my 3/4 sleeve is finished with the background and coloring. 

It is of a japanese kirin with it's face on my lower arm and legs up towards my shoulder.

I love the colors and everything in the sleeve except for a top vertical leg that sticks up.

I'm starting to think it is out of place and points at me oddly. 

It's also not drawn as geometrically as the other 3 legs but I dismissed this at the stencil stage and did not tell the artist. 

Is it worth lasering this leg so that the artist can redraw it?

Even though I have one peony left, i think I can more or less see how the sleeve tattoo will look like?

I am a bit bummed I am feeling this way, but has anyone else been in my position? 

Have you gone for a large tattoo or sleeve, overlooked something in the stencil then sought laser down the track to redraw it?

Should laser only be reserved for worst case scenarios? 

do NOT laser it.

I think we all feel a little bummed when things don't turn out as we envision it, but that's why you have to trust your artist, and trust you made the right decision choosing your artist.

kirin usually look the way you describe, with the legs sticking up at the back/in the air, and the head in the front. and they're a mythological animal, so....

1 hour ago, scottyg said:

do NOT laser it.

I think we all feel a little bummed when things don't turn out as we envision it, but that's why you have to trust your artist, and trust you made the right decision choosing your artist.

kirin usually look the way you describe, with the legs sticking up at the back/in the air, and the head in the front. and they're a mythological animal, so....

This!! I would never laser a part of a tattoo in order to fix it. Did you talk to your artist about it?

• 1 month later...