Help

Cora Van Vleet

I have had this tattoo for five months now, and it just started acting up with really itchy bumps lately. Not the bumps that look like little pimples, but little-swollen bumps that itch and seem to kind of implode and start peeling (I use the term implode because they look like they popped, the way they dry and hollow lie an emptied pimple, but there is never any pus). I got the tattoo done at a reputable shop, and I watched the artist use new fresh needles, so I don't understand what this is or where it came from. Should I go to a dermatologist? (itchy, but not painful)

IMG_4201.JPG

IMG_2340.JPG

IMG_6139.JPG

Well, let me say that I'm not a doctor and don't have ANY medical training, so take whatever I say with a grain of salt. If you are worried I'd see a doctor. That looks kind of like what happens when you moisturize too much, so if it were me, I'd try wiping it with alcohol a few times a day to try to dry it out for a few days. But again, I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on TV, so take it for what it's worth.

On 1/16/2019 at 1:38 PM, Hogrider said:

Well, let me say that I'm not a doctor and don't have ANY medical training, so take whatever I say with a grain of salt. If you are worried I'd see a doctor. That looks kind of like what happens when you moisturize too much, so if it were me, I'd try wiping it with alcohol a few times a day to try to dry it out for a few days. But again, I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on TV, so take it for what it's worth.

just out of curiosity... How much is too much? Didn't know that was a thing. 

Bluebullets, there are multiple threads on this board about this and you didn't know it was a thing? How about doing some research before "permanently scarring" yourself? I'd expect more knowledge from a 6 year poster with a half sleeve tattoo 7 years deep or whatnot. 🙂

Yes, I'm stalking your posts since you're coming off as the resident know it all.

14 hours ago, dustybitch said:

Bluebullets, there are multiple threads on this board about this and you didn't know it was a thing? How about doing some research before "permanently scarring" yourself? I'd expect more knowledge from a 6 year poster with a half sleeve tattoo 7 years deep or whatnot. 🙂

Yes, I'm stalking your posts since you're coming off as the resident know it all.

Well seeing as I haven't had a tattoo in years and I follow my artists aftercare instructions, I haven't felt the need to look up overapplication of lotion. Further, seeing as my entire activity in the last few weeks has been me asking simple questions, one could infer that I am not, in fact, a resident expert. 

Appreciate the effort to be a petty douche and hijack this thread to insult me though. 

On 1/18/2019 at 9:31 AM, bluebullets said:

Further, seeing as my entire activity in the last few weeks has been me asking simple questions

Stalker here,

This is you trying to one up Dan in the other thread, know it all style; which again has been covered several times on the forum:

"What Dan means to say is..

You have to let it heal before you can accurately judge a tattoo. You can't tell if there's an issue in a week. 

Give it a 3-4 weeks. Go back to get it fixed if you don't like it."

one could infer that I am not, in fact, a resident expert.

No shit.

I'm actually the farthest from a douche, just also tired of the same dumb questions being asked over and over by new posters (or 6 year posters). I understand most just want to show their tattoos (which is fine) but try doing an internet search first.

Well seeing as I haven't had a tattoo in years and I follow my artists aftercare instructions, I haven't felt the need to look up overapplication of lotion.

Why would the aftercare change? How do you not know what too much lotion is?

Answer: rub it in until fully absorbed.

Also, post your half sleeve or one large tattoo.

38 minutes ago, dustybitch said:hat Dan means to say is..

You have to let it heal before you can accurately judge a tattoo. You can't tell if there's an issue in a week. 

Give it a 3-4 weeks. Go back to get it fixed if you don't like it."

See, Dan was using capital letters and being rude, and therefore, I made this comment. It turns out, you can give advice without yelling at the strangers on the internet. 

1 hour ago, bluebullets said:

See, Dan was using capital letters and being rude, and therefore, I made this comment. It turns out, you can give advice without yelling at the strangers on the internet. 

what the F*** are you talking about ?

and why are you trolling me ?

Edited by Dan

On 1/19/2019 at 6:01 PM, Dan said:

what the F*** are you talking about ?

and why are you trolling me ?

Pretty sure he's got nothing better to do. Still waiting to see photos of all these tattoos he says he has ...

Meanwhile, Dan, just mute him. It works beautifully. 🙂