Opinions and advice

templesleeper

Hey everyone,

I'm new here so sorry if this isn't right way to post this sort of thing (could only find the one way to create a new topic).

Anyway, I got a couple of traditional style pieces last week that overall I'm very happy with. But, there's one thing that's nagging at me: when I bend my arm, the head of the eagle contorts very noticeably. For some reason, I didn't take note of exactly how much it contorted when we were applying the stencil. My artist also said that he wouldn't worry about it, so I went ahead and got it.

I can't help but tell myself that I should have placed the eagle lower to minimise the amount of contortion. These are my first forearm tattoos, so I'm not used to how much warping there is with this area of skin.

Is this a big deal and does it ruin the tattoo? Does anyone else have any experience with this sort of issue? I have plans to fill in the rest of my forearm with other pieces and eventually filler as well - all traditional style - and I imagine that once I get more, the intricacies of this one will bother me less.

I appreciate any input!

IMG_7341.jpg

IMG_7339.jpg

IMG_7345.jpg

IMG_7346.jpg

Edited by Fusilliwilli

6 minutes ago, scottyg said:

I see what you're saying but it looks like a really well done piece.

I think once you live with it for a while you'll be really happy with it.

My advice is to enjoy it!

Thanks scotty, I appreciate the input! I’m trying to make peace with it. He’s a great artist and I’ve got a bunch of others from him as well. 

I’m really happy with the overall position (upper forearm) and how it looks when my arm is straighter. I guess I just wasn’t sure if the small amount that it could have been moved down would actually make much of a difference. Too late now I suppose!

That's the kind of thing that we notice much more than anyone else.  I bet 99 out of 100 people would never notice it unless you pointed it out.  To me, it's just a foregone conclusion that tattoos are going to change shape a little when you move the part of your body that they're on.

If it bugs you, just make sure your arm is straight when showing someone for the first time.  Other that that just relax.  I bet in a month you won't even think about it.

4 hours ago, Fusilliwilli said:

Thanks scotty, I appreciate the input! I’m trying to make peace with it. He’s a great artist and I’ve got a bunch of others from him as well. 

I’m really happy with the overall position (upper forearm) and how it looks when my arm is straighter. I guess I just wasn’t sure if the small amount that it could have been moved down would actually make much of a difference. Too late now I suppose!

so stop bending your arm !! ?? LOL

honestly ,who cares what it does when you bend your arm.

enjoy it and start planning your next tattoo.

7 hours ago, templesleeper said:

Thanks for all your replies!

Another question: does anyone have any experience with traditional sleeves and filling in gaps? Do you think the space I’ve left on this portion of my arm can be easily filled by other designs and smaller filler?

Yes. My legs are covered in a lot of American traditional, and I just keep adding in the little spaces. You still have a lot of room to add.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys I'm new to forums. I just need some advice on how will I improve or enhance my tattoo. The idea came from me but im not happy on how the artist executed it. This is my very first tattoo so I got all excited when i saw the stencil on my skin so i didn't notice that the tattoo is messy and unsymmetrical. Hope someone can give me an advice on what to do. Thank you! 

49564130_1472911606174742_6025757808262119424_n.jpg