Cover up advice

Emmar15

I know you guys are probably pretty irritated by me already but i can't get over how much i hate this tattoo. Im contemplating covering part of it. I wanna get the writing covered cos its awful. The I before see looks so much like a F. Bugs me so much. It makes it look like free! How realistic do you think a cover up is?

20190129_081911.jpg

Take some Xanax. 

1/17 - posted that you got the tattoo one week ago, so got the tattoo on/about 1/10

1/24 got more shading worried about redness so you only waited 2 weeks to start monkeying with it

2/2 - post that you had it touched up 10 days before assume that would be the same appointment where you got more shading, so you got a touch up before the tattoo even healed.

2/4 - now you want a cover up.

Let the F***ing tattoo heal for God's sake. You think you hate it now? You are going to wind up with a hot mess that's going to be really hard to fix. Let your tattoo heal for at least a couple of months - start the clock when you got your last "work" done on it.

Find someone that's really, really good at cover-ups and go see them. Be prepared to pay top dollar if you want a good job done. I've seen some God-awful tattoos because people were in such a hurry to fix the one they didn't like. If you can't figure out how to stop and take a deep breath, you're likely to wind up with multiple cover ups. Each one is harder on your skin and more likely to show through.

If people are annoyed it's because you aren't listening, you are looking for someone to validate what you want to do. Everyone has told you to let it heal, you aren't doing that.

2 hours ago, Hogrider said:

Take some Xanax. 

1/17 - posted that you got the tattoo one week ago, so got the tattoo on/about 1/10

1/24 got more shading worried about redness so you only waited 2 weeks to start monkeying with it

2/2 - post that you had it touched up 10 days before assume that would be the same appointment where you got more shading, so you got a touch up before the tattoo even healed.

2/4 - now you want a cover up.

Let the F***ing tattoo heal for God's sake. You think you hate it now? You are going to wind up with a hot mess that's going to be really hard to fix. Let your tattoo heal for at least a couple of months - start the clock when you got your last "work" done on it.

Find someone that's really, really good at cover-ups and go see them. Be prepared to pay top dollar if you want a good job done. I've seen some God-awful tattoos because people were in such a hurry to fix the one they didn't like. If you can't figure out how to stop and take a deep breath, you're likely to wind up with multiple cover ups. Each one is harder on your skin and more likely to show through.

If people are annoyed it's because you aren't listening, you are looking for someone to validate what you want to do. Everyone has told you to let it heal, you aren't doing that.

I didn't ask the guy to touch it up. I went in to get another tattoo done (which i love) and he noticed a few areas that needed fixed. 

This is on my arm for the rest of my life. So i don't think im wrong to want it as close to perfect as it can be. 

2 hours ago, Emmar15 said:

Yeah but didn't notice at the time

For the love of all that is holy, always look CLOSELY at stencils. 

Also, please listen to @Hogrider. You have got to CALM DOWN. Let the damn thing HEAL. PLEASE. It's going to look like hot ass if you start messing with it already. Jesus H. Please, please, please just chill out.

10 hours ago, Emmar15 said:

I didn't ask the guy to touch it up. I went in to get another tattoo done (which i love) and he noticed a few areas that needed fixed. 

This is on my arm for the rest of my life. So i don't think im wrong to want it as close to perfect as it can be. 

"Was the text on the stencil?"

Yeah but didn't notice at the time

so double check your stencils before getting tattooed.

8 hours ago, Emmar15 said:

I am listening and i do appreciate the advice but i cannot help hating the tattoo 

Do you not get that this isn't all about how the tattoo looks? Every time you get a tattoo or get laser removal you traumatize the skin. Do you understand that? Do you get that you could do real permanent damage to your skin and wind up with a tattoo that is NOT FIXABLE? Your skin needs time to heal. You could wind up with a hot mess that can't be fixed. You think you hate this tattoo, go google some people with skin that got fucked up from tattooing and lasering the same skin over and over.

Go see someone who is really good at coverups and make a plan to fix this. Be prepared to spend real money. Adding a little something here and there is just going to make it worse. It doesn't matter how many times you ask the same question, or keep rewording it.

Edited by Hogrider

51 minutes ago, Hogrider said:

Do you not get that this isn't all about how the tattoo looks? Every time you get a tattoo or get laser removal you traumatize the skin. Do you understand that? Do you get that you could do real permanent damage to your skin and wind up with a tattoo that is NOT FIXABLE? Your skin needs time to heal. You could wind up with a hot mess that can't be fixed. You think you hate this tattoo, go google some people with skin that got fucked up from tattooing and lasering the same skin over and over.

Go see someone who is really good at coverups and make a plan to fix this. Be prepared to spend real money. Adding a little something here and there is just going to make it worse. It doesn't matter how many times you ask the same question, or keep rewording it.

I appreciate what you are saying and after 13 tattoos i am very much aware of how the tattooing process works. This is the only tattoo i dislike so i am relatively new to cover ups and what is possible. 

It is too soon to be worrying about coverups. Just leave your life. You say you know how tattoos work, but you are talking about adding on this and that and trying to make it look better. It is going to look worse, not better. Just please stop asking the same thing over and over. We will tell you the same thing. Let it heal, save up a shit-ton of money, and find someone who is actually talented at coverups.

5 hours ago, oboogie said:

It is too soon to be worrying about coverups. Just leave your life. You say you know how tattoos work, but you are talking about adding on this and that and trying to make it look better. It is going to look worse, not better. Just please stop asking the same thing over and over. We will tell you the same thing. Let it heal, save up a shit-ton of money, and find someone who is actually talented at coverups.

I think i am being totally misunderstood here. I haven't asked the same question over and over? They have all been different. On this one i looked for advice on how easy this would be to cover. Im in the process of getting a sleeve so the next step is my outter forearm. I was looking to see if i could do something with that tattoo and this one.

I have all the money saved up for my tattoos. So thats no issue. 

I agree with Jack 

If it's the execution rather than the sentiment that you now regret then that is a regret not worth carrying.

"I wanna get the writing covered cos its awful"  - no it really isn't.

The universe has us as it's way to view itself.  

We were all made in the heart of stars, and entropy will put you back to the four solar winds before any regret is material..

The stars pass no judgement on a will to mark your time here - and your time here is marked well with the sentiment you chose.

Be well, 

Live long and prosper.

Do not regret your ink.

etc...

On February 15, 2019 at 6:24 PM, Emmar15 said:

Really glad my stress is amusing you all 

Seriously - what are you expecting to get from this site? You already got opinions and advice. You can't fix a letter so what does it matter what letter it looks like? Are you looking for sympathy because you think you got a lousy tattoo, or validation that the tattoo sucks? I'm just not sure what you are looking for.