Hustle Butter?

Woppy

Hi. i have several tattoos and ive always applied a small amount of unscented lotion to them twice a day.  once in the morning after my shower and once before bed.  I came across hustle butter and i understand that its a very popular lotion for tattoos.  i found it on amazon.ca for 35$ for 5 ounces but theres a tattoo supply store near my place selling it for 25$ for 5 ounces.  should i use hustle butter as a regular moisturizer for ever on my already healed tattoos?  or is it primarily used for the healing process?  i want my tattoos to look as fresh for as long as possible but dont know if i should spend money on an expensive tattoo lotion like hustle butter or just stick with aveeno lotion which is much cheaper.   so is hustle butter mainly used for short term aftercare on a new tattoo or can it also be used as a regular lotion to moisturize old tattoos?

15 minutes ago, Woppy said:

I no understand 

Let me translate - NO.

If you want your tattoos to look fresh just take care of your skin; keep your skin moisturized and stay out of the sun. You don't need $35 a bottle moisturizer; cocoa butter or something similar is fine. Just use a little every day, don't drench them, don't over do it.

3 minutes ago, Hogrider said:

Let me translate - NO.

If you want your tattoos to look fresh just take care of your skin; keep your skin moisturized and stay out of the sun. You don't need $35 a bottle moisturizer; cocoa butter or something similar is fine. Just use a little every day, don't drench them, don't over do it.

Thanks for translating lol.  Yeah, I understand less is more with some lotions and I typically apply a small quarter size worth of lotion to my half sleeve.  Thanks the the answers guys

1 hour ago, Hogrider said:

I tried this based on my tattooer’s suggestion, but it just sits on my skin. The cocoa butter gets absorbed quickly. We all react differently.

well,I do like palmers too, great stuff, I usually use palmers right after getting a tattoo for the first week,then I switch to aveeno.

Another question.  If a tattoos old. Like over 6 months.  Will using scented body butter for hydration at all affect the look over a long period of use?  I have one tattoo that's about 1 and a half years old and I just started using a Coco/shea body butter on it.  Lots of scent in the body butter.  

Edited by Woppy

21 minutes ago, Woppy said:

Another question.  If a tattoos old. Like over 6 months.  Will using scented body butter for hydration at all affect the look over a long period of use?  I have one tattoo that's about 1 and a half years old and I just started using a Coco/shea body butter on it.  Lots of scent in the body butter.  

no,  not at  all