Allergy or not?

Biochemical Misery

Hello everyone.
Last year i did that tail on my leg that you see in the photo, after 1-2 days i got it, the white area that i show you started to get very red warm and swollen. I thought that it was normal so i left it like this but 1-2 days after it get worse, i saw a doctor(said that it was infected) who gave me antibiotic pills and after 3-4 days it was okay. It was my first tattoo and i thought that it got infected because of my bad aftercare. Last Christmas, i got a new tattoo (the seashell) and again after 1-2 days i got it, the same thing happend, so i took the same pills and after 3-4 days everything is gone. So my question is that am i allergic to this colors(light grey)? Do you think is a good idea to have a new tattoo with only the total black ink?
Thank you and sorry for my poor vocabulary <3.

55752491_1096849277106206_7793248670039670784_n.jpg

Inked2018-04-04 23.49.16_LI.jpg

Inked4,1_LI.jpg

14 hours ago, JAC1961 said:

A certain color certainly wouldn't cause an infection, possibly a reaction, but I wouldn't think that be cured by antibiotics.

If this all happened from the same artist I think I'd try a different artist.

1 hour ago, Gingerninja said:

What are you doing for aftercare?

The first time, i was changing the membrane about 3 times per day for 3 days and i was washing it softly with just lukewarm water. I am probably sure that the infection caused from the allergy reaction to the specific color and  the  aftercare method i did. After i took antibiotic pills and everything gone, the specific color(light grey) disappeared.
At my second time, i kept the membrane until the same night but again the same reaction to the same color happend and was getting worse from day 2 to day 3 so i took antibiotic pills again and this time the color (light grey) stayed. The red reaction that u see in my last picture isnt normal right? 

I can't tell from the pictures what is intentional shading and what is reaction. 

Are you getting this done in a professional shop?

By "membrane" I'm assuming you're talking about re-wrapping the tattoo with cellophane? You don't normally need to do this after the 1st 8-12 hours. Do you have access to saniderm or tagiderm?

19 minutes ago, SStu said:

I can't tell from the pictures what is intentional shading and what is reaction. 

Are you getting this done in a professional shop?

By "membrane" I'm assuming you're talking about re-wrapping the tattoo with cellophane? You don't normally need to do this after the 1st 8-12 hours. Do you have access to saniderm or tagiderm?

I upload a picture to see the shading.

Yes, i did it in a professional shop.

Yes, i am talking about the re-wrapping with cellophane ( sorry for my english :P).

What is saniderm or tagiderm?  Aftercare creams? If yes, i just used bepanthol.

Also, many people told me at the first time that i had an infection because i was re-wrapping with cellophance my tattoo for the first 3 days (3 times per day) as my tattoo artist told me to do. But the second time ( i kept the cellophane until the first night ) that the same reaction happend i understand that i am allergic to some colors (grey shadings). I have now a booking for a new tattoo in a month from now and i will use only the total black color. Also, the brand of tattoo ink that i used is sunskin(made in italy) and i am looking for the ingredients of the black kit (Liner black+tribal black+light shading+medium shading+dark shading) in the internet and i cant find them anywhere. I am wondering if the shading colors(which i see the reaction) have any extra ingredient from the liner black and tribal black (i dont see a reaction).

I sent an email to them and asked if its possible to send me the ingredients.

55549759_2195414510501742_1492256536972492800_n.jpg

Okay guys, after a research i did about sunskin's ink ingredients i found that the 3 shading colors (light, medium and dark) have an extra ingredient which is PEG-4. This is an polyethylene glycol which they use it for solvent. I search for this ingredient in internet and i read that there is a very small possibility to have a dangerous reaction (something between allergy and infection i am not sure) to this PEG-4. So, i think thats the reason of my tattoos reactions. Do you think that its good idea to try other colors without PEG-4 of course? 

I'm going out on a limb here, but I doubt that many if any here have enough knowledge of chemistry to know whether that's what caused your problem.  If you really believe that's what caused your problems, I'd still recommend trying a different artist for your next tattoo and find out which ink they use.  It could be a cleanliness issue at the place you got your existing ones.

Guys its not about the tattoo studio because its one of the most famous studios in Greece. Its about the reaction of ink to my body. Of course if any reaction happen again without using the shading inks i will never do a tattoo again (anywhere). Also, i am thinking if its good idea to try different colors like red for my tattoos i am not sure if its a good idea because as you see my skin is very sensitive. Tell me your opinion and thanks for your advices. 

3 hours ago, Biochemical Misery said:

Guys its not about the tattoo studio because its one of the most famous studios in Greece. Its about the reaction of ink to my body. Of course if any reaction happen again without using the shading inks i will never do a tattoo again (anywhere). Also, i am thinking if its good idea to try different colors like red for my tattoos i am not sure if its a good idea because as you see my skin is very sensitive. Tell me your opinion and thanks for your advices. 

We are telling you, you're not listening.

Antibiotics don't cure allergies.