Hi :)

Torsie24

Hi,

I'm Torsie. 

A 30 something Mum from Surrey, UK. 

Just got my 4th tattoo, which was my first for over 10 years. 

A new shop has opened very close to my home, run by a local guy with a great reputation. So I sort of feel like it may be the start of a more tattooed me as my husband and I had a great experience there last week 🙂 

Joining though as I'm going through a bit of scabbing which I don;t remember from my previous tattoos. So I found the site while googling that. Hopefully can get some advice here and then some future tattoo inspiration too. 😄 

I scab sometimes, and then sometimes I don't. I forget between tattoos, too, which is ridiculous because get tattooed a lot.

I waited 14 years between my first tattoo and my second tattoo. And my second tattoo was a coverup of the first. Now I get tattooed all the time.

Welcome, Torsie!

Thanks for the welcome 😊

thisnis my current scab situation. 

Im happy with the way the black is healing/peeling. That’s the familiar kind. 

But the white/light green which was mixed with white. Just didn’t settle. And has scabbed. Super worried it’ll be ruined underneath. 

I know only time will tell but I’m an impatient person. 🙈

D3D8CAE4-F5CF-4610-8A4F-972DCA79FC68.jpeg

Welcome!

How old is the tattoo and where is it located? It looks quite bruised. Different colors for me heal differently. Some colors need to be packed more and might contribute to heavier scabbing. Keep taking care of it and don’t let the scabs dry out too much but don’t over moisturize them either. Thick scabs can be a pain and will require a little extra care and extra healing time in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply. 

I got it done 5 days ago. And it’s on my inner forearm. 

It’s a real difficult one for me with the scabs. I am trying to moisturise only when it’s feeling dry as even just a small amount of coconut oil earlier meant i saw one of the leaves lifting and I really don’t want them coming off early. My gut is saying drier is better for them right now.....but then my gut is no tattoo expert. 

Thanks for your reply. 
I got it done 5 days ago. And it’s on my inner forearm. 
It’s a real difficult one for me with the scabs. I am trying to moisturise only when it’s feeling dry as even just a small amount of coconut oil earlier meant i saw one of the leaves lifting and I really don’t want them coming off early. My gut is saying drier is better for them right now.....but then my gut is no tattoo expert. 

I would agree that drier is better for the scabs currently. Just treat them with care and don’t do anything to rip them off prematurely. You may need a touch up after it’s all healed or you may not. Won’t know for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk