Torsie24

White ink parts of my tattoo have scabbed

Hi all - would love some input on my latest please.

It’s only quite a small tattoo. On my inner forearm. 

Its 5 days old. By the second day the white/light green were pretty gross and leaking a lot of ink/plasma. 

Kept it as clean as I could and still was the same Sunday and the skin got pretty inflamed/red. 

Its settled down since but the green and white areas are pretty scabbed and I’m worried it’ll be ruined underneath. There’s been a tiny amount of weeping around a couple of the scabs. 

I’ve never had a tattoo scab before, the black part had healed great and it already itching and flaking but the white areas are a worry for me. Also some seem quite depressed into the skin. Anyone had similar? 

Im trying to keep it pretty dry, just a wash in the shower in the morning then some coconut oil once it’s had time to air dry (bepanthen was making it too sticky and I don’t like the hard rubbing it requires to apply it) as I really don’t want the scabs coming off early. 

Ultimately I know the answer is “give it time” but I’m a very impatient person. 

075C856A-8EEA-4C09-8F2E-0AB76E99D701.jpeg

18 hours ago, Torsie24 said:

Ultimately I know the answer is “give it time” but  . . . 

^this. 😉

looks like your tattooist dug in a bit. Might eventually be ok. I hope the tattooist let you know that white very often doesn't stay white for very long . . . 

Yep. 

A highly recommended shop. By a highly recommended guy who’s been tattooing for over 10 years whose work I’ve been looking at for well over 6 months before booking. 

My husband got a tattoo the same day by him too and his is great. Healing perfect. 

Its all black though. We used the same aftercare. 

I don’t know if it’s my skin. The ink. My aftercare. The guy going too deep on me but not my husband. 

Who knows. 😭

Edited by Torsie24

23 hours ago, Torsie24 said:

Yep. 

A highly recommended shop. By a highly recommended guy who’s been tattooing for over 10 years whose work I’ve been looking at for well over 6 months before booking. 

My husband got a tattoo the same day by him too and his is great. Healing perfect. 

Its all black though. We used the same aftercare. 

I don’t know if it’s my skin. The ink. My aftercare. The guy going too deep on me but not my husband. 

Who knows. 😭

I wouldn't go back. It doesn't matter how recommended the shop is or who they did a good job on. Just my opinion.

3 hours ago, Hogrider said:

I wouldn't go back. It doesn't matter how recommended the shop is or who they did a good job on. Just my opinion.

right ! a shop could be busy because they run $40 tattoo specials.