new to forum

nothanx

hi there! new to this forum but not new to tattoos. i started when I was 18 (currently 33) took a break probably from 25-32 and am now in the middle of finishing up a sleeve. i am going to an extremely reputable artist and this is my third session first was outline, this is my second round of shading and color and i have some new and scary stuff happening in the healing process that is giving me mad anxiety and i found this forum after googling and thinking I'm going to die from my current tattoo situation. will be posting in the "after care" section once it unblocks me from only posting here after 10 posts i guess! 

Edited by letsgetelectric

11 hours ago, letsgetelectric said:

hi there! new to this forum but not new to tattoos. i started when I was 18 (currently 33) took a break probably from 25-32 and am now in the middle of finishing up a sleeve. i am going to an extremely reputable artist and this is my third session first was outline, this is my second round of shading and color and i have some new and scary stuff happening in the healing process that is giving me mad anxiety and i found this forum after googling and thinking I'm going to die from my current tattoo situation. will be posting in the "after care" section once it unblocks me from only posting here after 10 posts i guess! 

Hi and welcome,

why do you think you are going to die from getting the tattoo ?

Well I’m probably being a touch dramatic but I’ve never had an issue with healing any of my 15+ tattoos until this last session. Part of my color looks like road rash. This is my third session with the same artist. It had so much plasma coming out I was unable to stop it from building up and now I have thick tender scars and the skin still feels warm to the touch and is still visibly red in some parts 5 days later. I’m worried I have an infection after googling shit but I know the internet is not a good place to look up symptoms! I’m trying to leave the damn thing along but I don’t know how often I should be washing/lotioning it. Should the scabs be hard or soft? The first photo is after I gently washed it this morning and it’s all mushy (can’t tell if those are wet scabs or puss that is what scares me) second photo is once it’s dried and damn it feels tight!!! My artist said it looks fine but I am still freaked out. B1CFD89C-5C74-4C52-A6A5-3D2D2F8A357C.thumb.jpeg.2545e3a02385c28998b144687bcb9538.jpeg6A138A08-FFBC-44FA-96DC-5E41C9208732.thumb.jpeg.06a12edf7ec3a0a70ef90bc62c939b70.jpeg

Edited by letsgetelectric

I'm not a doctor and always err on the side of caution when folks say things like "red", "sore" and "pus".  I don't see what looks like infection but if you are concerned, go to the doctor. Meanwhile, take your vitamins, probiotics and eat right. Your body just isn't handling this session well. It happens. 

2 hours ago, SStu said:

Agreed. I don't see anything that looks like an infection or is even abnormal. 

Scabs are just like road rash. They get hard and you have to leave them alone and fall of by themselves. Avoid over moisturizing. 

That’s the difficult thing for me because they have now started to crack and bleed a little bit unless I keep them moisturized! 

6 hours ago, Gingerninja said:

I'm not a doctor and always err on the side of caution when folks say things like "red", "sore" and "pus".  I don't see what looks like infection but if you are concerned, go to the doctor. Meanwhile, take your vitamins, probiotics and eat right. Your body just isn't handling this session well. It happens. 

Maybe it’s age? Such a strange thing. I used to heal very quick and easily. I can’t believe my skin is still red almost a week later. I had my artist look at it it’s definitely not infected I’m just a sensitive little flower this time around I guess. 

4 minutes ago, letsgetelectric said:

Maybe it’s age? Such a strange thing. I used to heal very quick and easily. I can’t believe my skin is still red almost a week later. I had my artist look at it it’s definitely not infected I’m just a sensitive little flower this time around I guess. 

no, probably not age, I'm 59 and still getting tattooed, no problems here healing,

like @Gingerninja  said, take care of your body, happy body/happy mind.

and I agree, maybe it's time to see your doctor.

I don't know. It doesn't look that bad to me. Just looks like it's healing.

I had trouble healing the underside of my left arm because it was always leaning on my desk on or on a table or whatever. Location may make a difference in how it heals.

19 hours ago, letsgetelectric said:

I'm 61 and have no problem healing. Every tattoo doesn't heal exactly the same. Maybe this one is just being finicky.

I’m happy to report I am no longer freaking out and my arm is healing. Most parts are already peeling but the trouble area is really thick and scabby. Gotta get though this next week without them getting too dry and cracking or keeping them overly moist. I’ve never had a tattoo scab like this before so it’s been a good learning experience for me. I have another session in a month and fingers crossed this doesn’t happen again.