Pet memorial tattoo

Kim

I have always said that in the event of any of my cats passing, I'll get their paws inked. My cat of 14 years has recently passed and I'm getting her paw inked on my inner forearm in 4 weeks time. It will be at a local tattoo studio and has very good reviews.

After getting her ashes back, we laid a red rose on top of her casket. I knew at that point that I would also like a red rose. Then also added the idea of a heart locket to place her paw in. I then went on the facebook page of the studio and found a half sleeve tattoo that I liked. I went down there and showed the picture, and said how I would like this tattoo to be more personalized for me. So instead of the pocket watch, a heart locket with her paw inside. I've paid the tattoo in full and I'm booked in. I'm now thinking about adding an element of rainbow colors in there, to symbolize she has passed over to the rainbow bridge but not sure what and where. I was thinking maybe her paw in rainbow colors instead of black ink but would it clash with the red rose?

I have also been told by someone that the rose has a strong chance of blowing out so I am now concerned about this. Like I said, I have paid for the tattoo upfront and will not be able to get my money back.

This will be my first tattoo and it's going to mean a lot to me so I want to go as smootly as possible.

Note: Oh, I'm not getting the black rose underneath. So I am open to ideas for anything there to add later.

56593679_347777005849431_7920814378461429760_n.jpg

Edited by Kim

5 hours ago, Kim said:

I have always said that in the event of any of my cats passing, I'll get their paws inked. My cat of 14 years has recently passed and I'm getting her paw inked on my inner forearm in 4 weeks time. It will be at a local tattoo studio and has very good reviews.

After getting her ashes back, we laid a red rose on top of her casket. I knew at that point that I would also like a red rose. Then also added the idea of a heart locket to place her paw in. I then went on the facebook page of the studio and found a half sleeve tattoo that I liked. I went down there and showed the picture, and said how I would like this tattoo to be more personalized for me. So instead of the pocket watch, a heart locket with her paw inside. I've paid the tattoo in full and I'm booked in. I'm now thinking about adding an element of rainbow colors in there, to symbolize she has passed over to the rainbow bridge but not sure what and where. I was thinking maybe her paw in rainbow colors instead of black ink but would it clash with the red rose?

I have also been told by someone that the rose has a strong chance of blowing out so I am now concerned about this. Like I said, I have paid for the tattoo upfront and will not be able to get my money back.

This will be my first tattoo and it's going to mean a lot to me so I want to go as smootly as possible.

Note: Oh, I'm not getting the black rose underneath. So I am open to ideas for anything there to add later.

Hi and welcome, and your idea sounds like a great idea, I have my dog's paw prints on me already(she is alive and well),

and whoever the person was that told you a rose would blowout has no idea what they are talking about, makes no sense, I have a few roses on me with no blowout LOL

Edited by Dan

I didn't even know what it meant until I looked it up but yeah I feel better now. I think it will go smoothly, I just got freaked out when he said it could have issues. I just can't wait to get her paw on me.

Edited by Kim