new to LST

Ssobel

I've been tattooed, but when I went in, I knew what i wanted and who I wanted to do the work.

We've moved and now my wife is interested. She has an idea of what she wants, but no sketches and is still in "undecided" mode. If I had a completed design to show her, i think she's be more into it. Is it inappropriate to go to a shop without committing to an artist to ask someone to come up with a design?

Not many (or any) artists are going to spend an hour's time (or multiple hours) coming up with a no reference drawing in the hopes of luring her in as a paying customer. 

Alternatively start researching the instagram pages of local artists and find ones that do the style she is leaning towards. That might lead to references for the subject matter, too - but those references can come from anywhere. Not just local artists and not necessarily tattoo references, either.   

6 minutes ago, SStu said:

Not many (or any) artists are going to spend an hour's time (or multiple hours) coming up with a no reference drawing in the hopes of luring her in as a paying customer. 

Especially not GOOD artists. Would you go into a restaurant and ask the chef to cook you up something and if you like it maybe you'll buy it?

Good artists are busy making money.

Edited by Hogrider