What to DO?!

khaddyx08

Hi All!

I just got my fourth tattoo on my wrist last Thursday and I am a little skeptical on the healing process.

This is my smallest tattoo being about an inch long and an inch wide at the widest point. It's a small cross. It was done by an artist outside their home, because it is a good friend of mine. They DO own their own parlor, but setup at home is just as clean or even cleaner than their parlor.

There was one really deep line that is taking forever to heal. It is on long side of the cross and the scab is just starting to peel (YAY). However, as the scab peels, it looks as if the dead skin is staying and where the scab was is leaving an indent. Also, the color of the this part is significantly lighter than the other parts. 

Should I go back in and ask for a touch up once the scab falls off completely? I have never had issues like this with my tattoos, so I am genuinely concerned! I loved it when it was first done, but as it started to heal the line became more predominant and it's making me start to wish I didn't get it done. 

Any advice would be wonderful!

Image-10.jpg

5 hours ago, khaddyx08 said:

It was done last Thursday. So it's been about 9 days

Sorry I am new to this and just realized I can quote your post.

it actually looks normal to me for only 9 days,give it 6 weeks to heal.

different parts of our bodies heal differently,our skin varies a lot on each part of our body.

8 hours ago, Dan said:

it actually looks normal to me for only 9 days,give it 6 weeks to heal.

different parts of our bodies heal differently,our skin varies a lot on each part of our body.

Thank you! I guess I was more worried about the discoloration than the scab. The scab is peeling like it should be, but then again, it's in a totally different spot than my others. I never experienced discoloration because I had never scabbed or peeled before!

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 7:14 AM, khaddyx08 said:

Thank you! I guess I was more worried about the discoloration than the scab. The scab is peeling like it should be, but then again, it's in a totally different spot than my others. I never experienced discoloration because I had never scabbed or peeled before!

I peel on certain places on my body a lot,some places I don't.

Edited by Dan