Jimbob

Big ass scar. Will tattoo cover ?

Recommended Posts

Posted about this in another post guys with not much response. Just wondering if anyone has any other thoughts on if this could work as booked in for June and been assured by artist he can cover it. Would appreciate a few more tattooists point of view aswell if possible. ? 

41C508A0-A9CE-4814-B48D-550081A3560A.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scars can be covered in my opinion but as the texture/skin/a lot of things really are different with a scar, your artist has to be quite good and only he will really know if he can or can't. I had my scars on my arm covered but they were not very deep so there really wasn't an issue. 

Try to see if your artist has done any work on other scars or cover ups. My advice would be to find someone who specializes in this kinda thing. 

 

Just my 2 cents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way. Back of head and sides going to be shaved down to zero gaurd and kept that way with options of tattoos as below.....

47BBCCD4-E35A-4C21-9F71-4F9E3C2B663A.png

4A93D3D1-DC09-47DE-B598-9A2607A30877.png

8FFFDFC4-F3EE-4335-AB5A-9D21D9876DDD.png

E5A3C8C6-5090-4429-88AB-942FB92999C6.png

CC606676-AB1F-4F0E-AEAE-0675198BAA1D.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, cyoonit123 said:

Scars can be covered in my opinion but as the texture/skin/a lot of things really are different with a scar, your artist has to be quite good and only he will really know if he can or can't. I had my scars on my arm covered but they were not very deep so there really wasn't an issue. 

Try to see if your artist has done any work on other scars or cover ups. My advice would be to find someone who specializes in this kinda thing. 

 

Just my 2 cents

Thanks for reply. Artist had said he has covered loads of scars. My problem is the fact that it’s in hair. It’s the outcome of how it will look if hair grows a even a little bit around scar area and obviously no hair will be growing in scar area. Will you be able to notice a difference in tattoo where scar runs through it. Don’t know if that makes sense. ? Artist has said he would do geometrics and detailed design but one of those things you just don’t know till you do it then might be too late. That’s why trying to gain as much advice as possible so don’t make a mistake ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is really up to the talent of the artist himself.

Is it possible not to see any sign of the scar? Ofc it is, but it will require a very good hand and you will have to keep it shaved up to the scar's line or higher.

Wish you all the best!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Amaranthe said:

If you have a good tattoo artist he/she should be able to cover that scar very easily, here's the scar I had covered: 

Nice Knee.jpg

Nasty Knee.jpg

Not So Nasty Knee.jpg

Thanks for reply.  Looks good. Have you noticed any difference where the ink is over scar as in ink bleeding out or not taking as well or having like a shiny appearance ? Can’t see anything from pics just wondering in person. Also do you mind saying who artist is just for me to look into. Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no difference where the scar tissue is, no shiny appearance and no ink bleeding out.

I'm UK based and my artist is Eddie Hardiman from County Durham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Amaranthe said:

There's no difference where the scar tissue is, no shiny appearance and no ink bleeding out.

I'm UK based and my artist is Eddie Hardiman from County Durham

Thanks. They have done a good job. Looks like he blackened it out first then went over with colour. Covered well tho. My worry is because it’s in hair although gonna keep it shaved down at back as u see slight hair follicles around scar but none in scar you might notice a different appearance to tattoo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:38 AM, Jimbob said:

Thanks. They have done a good job. Looks like he blackened it out first then went over with colour. Covered well tho. My worry is because it’s in hair although gonna keep it shaved down at back as u see slight hair follicles around scar but none in scar you might notice a different appearance to tattoo. 

The black was actually done after a lot of the colour, we were going to go a different colour scheme, a really dark purple instead of the black but I didn't like it.

 

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:38 AM, Jimbob said:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still looks good. Have you got a recent pic of it once everything has died down and faded off ? Whatever design my artist comes up with will all be blacks and whites to keep in theme with rest of Tatts so just hope it covers just as good. 🤞🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jimbob said:

Did you manage to get a recent pic of that scar cover up mate ? 

Sorry I haven't mate, a family emergency has got me upside down and back to front, as soon as my head is no longer a shed I'll get one posted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recent Posts

  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

  • Instagram #LastSparrow

  • Recent Topics