Tattoo advice

Sjor10”

Hi everyone . 

Yesterday I almost completed a dragon japanese style tattoo . The dragon is red and black with some yellow which I’m happy with. On the foreman is a blue Japanese flower which I can’t remember the name but anyway it’s blue and yellow and I don’t think the color fits in and also feel it’s too big . Is it possible for the blue to be changed by adding another color to bring it to a warmer color like purple . Any advice is appreciated.

8640F3C9-ED0B-4C3D-93B5-7A58432FE74B.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Sjor10” said:

Thanks for the reply . Do you think it looks too big and ties into the rest of the tattoo .ill add another pictureAF23ACAD-AECE-444C-9A16-B8B7CCDE0D9D.thumb.jpeg.eec14fae4ac4f3eaf47a265f4e3d8739.jpeg

It's not my type of style but I think the red of the dragon and the blue of the flowers combines just fine.

Most likely if you are unhappy with the color or the flowers it will be possible to making them any color darker than that.

I agree, that's a pretty standard Asian theme. I also like it and if were mine, would not want to change a thing. I imagine after it's healed the color could be changed slightly (very) to more purplish. You'd have to consult your artist. I think the blue goes fine with the other colors... blue, red, yellow area primary colors after all.

I wouldn't even think about it for 4-6 weeks. Until it's healed you don't know what it's going to look like. The face on one of the tigers on my leg looked too dark when I got home. Within three days it looked great. The dragon on my ribs looked too dark until it settled in. You just have to be patient.

Not picking on you OP, but there have been a rash of people on here worried about their fresh tattoos. I don't know if artists aren't educating their clients properly, or clients aren't educating themselves properly. These are pretty basic things that you should know before you get a tattoo.

4 minutes ago, Hogrider said:

I wouldn't even think about it for 4-6 weeks. Until it's healed you don't know what it's going to look like. The face on one of the tigers on my leg looked too dark when I got home. Within three days it looked great. The dragon on my ribs looked too dark until it settled in. You just have to be patient.

Not picking on you OP, but there have been a rash of people on here worried about their fresh tattoos. I don't know if artists aren't educating their clients properly, or clients aren't educating themselves properly. These are pretty basic things that you should know before you get a tattoo.

Thank you and I appreciate the reply  and I understand where your coming from about waiting until it’s healed . The blue flower is just about a month and the dragon and back round  is yesterday. It’s a huge cover up and the previous tattoo drove me crazy and I was in negative mind set for such a long time about the tattoo so that’s why I’m a little freaked now and overreacting . I appreciate your advice and I’ll chill until it’s completely healed. Hopefully my mind set will have changed . I suppose overall I was looking for people’s opinions on the tattoo quality.

5 hours ago, Princess Sparkle Mittens said:

I think it looks nice the way it is. It's cohesive with good contrast to make the individual elements stand out, rather than a sleeve that's just a dark blob. 

5 hours ago, Princess Sparkle Mittens said:

I think it looks nice the way it is. It's cohesive with good contrast to make the individual elements stand out, rather than a sleeve that's just a dark blob. 

Hi rather than a sleeve that’s just a dark blob , can you please explain what you mean here . 

14 hours ago, Sjor10” said:

I suppose overall I was looking for people’s opinions on the tattoo quality.

That's a different question. It's a nice tattoo. You should wear it proudly. I wouldn't get hung up on the size of elements. We're not going for realism here. I have one Oni that covers my entire back, one that is a chest panel. My dragons, tigers and Samurai are all different sizes too.

10 minutes ago, Hogrider said:

That's a different question. It's a nice tattoo. You should wear it proudly. I wouldn't get hung up on the size of elements. We're not going for realism here. I have one Oni that covers my entire back, one that is a chest panel. My dragons, tigers and Samurai are all different sizes too.

Thanks you and you are totally right . I think I was just being really picky because of the previous tattoo and and just need to relax and stop scrutinizing the tattoo . 

1 hour ago, oboogie said:

It looks good. Just leave it. My sleeve is very similar, and I think it's beautiful.

Thank you . Some very helpful responses and much appreciated. Iv been obsessing and convinced myself the blue chrysanthemum should have been smaller and different placement,  sometimes I think it looks good and other times not so . It’s my first big color tattoo and maybe I’m just getting used to it . Have you ever experienced this after getting a tattoo and learn to be happy with it .  

20 minutes ago, Sjor10” said:

Thank you . Some very helpful responses and much appreciated. Iv been obsessing and convinced myself the blue chrysanthemum should have been smaller and different placement,  sometimes I think it looks good and other times not so . It’s my first big color tattoo and maybe I’m just getting used to it . Have you ever experienced this after getting a tattoo and learn to be happy with it .  

When I first got my sleeve, I was looking at my arm and thinking, "OH, SHIT. MY WHOLE ARM IS COVERED." But I got over it. You will, too.

Edited by oboogie

5 minutes ago, oboogie said:

When I first got my sleeve, I was looking at my arm and thinking, "OH, SHIT. MY WHOLE ARM IS COVERED." But I got over it. You will, too.

Thanks ya hopefully it will pass soon cause I want an American traditional sleeve on the other arm but I’m just cautious now cause of my reaction to this but I’m sure I’ll get over this phase pretty soon . 

On May 13, 2019 at 7:41 AM, Sjor10” said:

Thanks you and you are totally right . I think I was just being really picky because of the previous tattoo and and just need to relax and stop scrutinizing the tattoo . 

The best advice I ever got was when my artist said something like, "There's no such thing as the perfect tattoo. If you look for every little thing, you'll drive yourself crazy. Just enjoy the big picture."

I've always taken his advice and I've always enjoyed my tattoos.

1 hour ago, Hogrider said:

The best advice I ever got was when my artist said something like, "There's no such thing as the perfect tattoo. If you look for every little thing, you'll drive yourself crazy. Just enjoy the big picture."

I've always taken his advice and I've always enjoyed my tattoos.

That’s great advice thank you  . I think the artist done a great job considering he was also doing a huge cover that covered most of my arm . Iv stopped scrutinizing the tattoo now . Iv had long sleeves on for 3 years while being lasered  so it’s going to be new to be able to wear a short sleeves again.