Back Piece

Mattie

I'm just looking for some advice/ stories on back pieces.  I have three separate tattoos on my back all done by different artists. They're unrelated in style and subject matter.  I'm hoping I can find an artist to design a tattoo to more or less cover my back while also incorporating what I already have. Does anyone have experience with this? I have some ideas, with what I want, but nothing really concrete. Are artists willing to input any ideas or do they just want it all from you? 

Also, are artists ever willing to section off large pieces and complete a section per sitting? instead of doing like one sitting dedicated to outlines, one for fill/ shading etc? 

These may seem like stupid questions, and I know everyone is different- was hoping to get a little insight before getting everything in motion...

Either decide how you want to do it and find an artist that will do it that way, or find an artist you want and do it the way he wants. Or maybe you'll get lucky and find an artist that you want that wants to work they way you are dictating.

My artist likes to outline first. He outlined my whole back in one marathon session. Just my opinion, but I only want my artist thinking about making great art. I don't want him thinking about limitations I'm putting on him.