Saniderm tape/ red rash.

Jose4121

• 4 months later...

I currently have this issue and it has been 2.5 days since I took my Saniderm off.  How long did it take for the redness to go away? Any advice on how to help the redness disappear?

It isn't itchy, but the skin around my tattoo feels like the tattoo, kind of like sandpaper/healing. This is my second time using saniderm, no issues the first time, not sure why my skin did not like it this time.

2 hours ago, The Tongu Kid said:

I currently have this issue and it has been 2.5 days since I took my Saniderm off.  How long did it take for the redness to go away? Any advice on how to help the redness disappear?

It isn't itchy, but the skin around my tattoo feels like the tattoo, kind of like sandpaper/healing. This is my second time using saniderm, no issues the first time, not sure why my skin did not like it this time.

I get redness and bruising after taking the saniderm off , it's 100% normal and it will go away in a week or so,maybe more maybe less. I depends on you and where the tattoo is also.

I use Aveeno a couple times  a day after I take off the saniderm.

1 hour ago, SinkR said:

I use tegaderm only atm for my clients because its the safest on sensitive skin, I have used cheaper versions of this wrap that just completely suck and leave the skin red and irritated like this. Second skin is a decent brand no doubt but atm I find tegaderm to be the best one.

I have used tagederm and saniderm and IMO it's the same stuff and both have given me the same results.

• 1 year later...

So I got 2 tattoos one one chest ( not big ) and a small one on my wrist again not big and I took that tape off and next day I broke out people and my tattooist told me It might be a small allergic reaction to that tape but I bought some benadryl because it inch very badly ugh please help explain 😑 

On 2/26/2021 at 7:05 PM, Jamie1983 said:

So I got 2 tattoos one one chest ( not big ) and a small one on my wrist again not big and I took that tape off and next day I broke out people and my tattooist told me It might be a small allergic reaction to that tape but I bought some benadryl because it inch very badly ugh please help explain 😑 

It happens every time I remove tape or saniderm post-tattoo. It'll go away.

• 3 months later...

I have allergies to adhesives and I use saniderm on my new tattoo. I have used saniderm previously on my other ones and have had the same issues. It's get red and create a rash in the area we're the saniderm laid. It's take a long time to go away and burns. Usually once it goes away it takes away the pigment in my skin. So let say if I was tan in the area and I used the saniderm I would no longer be tan in that area. This tattoo is only 24 hours old and the saniderm was only for that time. Does have any ideas on what cream I should use to help allergic reaction?

On 6/19/2021 at 8:57 PM, Deathskullet said:

I have allergies to adhesives and I use saniderm on my new tattoo. I have used saniderm previously on my other ones and have had the same issues. It's get red and create a rash in the area we're the saniderm laid. It's take a long time to go away and burns. Usually once it goes away it takes away the pigment in my skin. So let say if I was tan in the area and I used the saniderm I would no longer be tan in that area. This tattoo is only 24 hours old and the saniderm was only for that time. Does have any ideas on what cream I should use to help allergic reaction?

Quit using saniderm.

• 5 months later...

Time stamp 12/01/2021 , I just cleaned my tattoo after taking off my second application of sandiderm , well at first it wasn’t red after 24 hrs I cleaned it again is when I noticed the red/sting pain (mild) so I was like what the hell . Came to search the web to find this forum . Psa I have the same issue , 1st day for me will come back with results , that’s if I don’t die because of it Or loose my arm ..

On 12/1/2021 at 3:17 AM, Jjohnny408 said:

Time stamp 12/01/2021 , I just cleaned my tattoo after taking off my second application of sandiderm , well at first it wasn’t red after 24 hrs I cleaned it again is when I noticed the red/sting pain (mild) so I was like what the hell . Came to search the web to find this forum . Psa I have the same issue , 1st day for me will come back with results , that’s if I don’t die because of it Or loose my arm ..

As @oboogie said - stop using saniderm.

• 4 months later...
13 hours ago, raphypotter said:

I have a a red swelling spot near my tattoo where the tape was,  that is not itchy and it doesn't hurt. It feels like i made a little reaction to the tape. Is anyone knows what's up? 

It's just a reaction to the adhesive. It'll go away.

• 6 months later...

Not allergic as far as I'm aware but I do suffer from eczema. I have recently removed my second skin after 3 days of wearing it with no problem like my Artist had recommended. But upon removal I have had a small flare up, I'm not sure if I'm able to use my normal eczema cream over the tattoo to treat it or do you guys recommend something else.

I'm currently only using bepanthen.

On 5/18/2019 at 12:12 PM, Jose4121 said:

So I got tatted on Monday and took of the Saniderm tape but it has left an ugly red mark & im so tired of it! Will it go away? Also got lots of little bumps on it. 

AC66FA2B-FCB1-4810-AA65-3BDA34B870BA.jpeg

Did the problem go away?