Jose4121

Saniderm tape/ red rash.

So I got tatted on Monday and took of the Saniderm tape but it has left an ugly red mark & im so tired of it! Will it go away? Also got lots of little bumps on it. 

AC66FA2B-FCB1-4810-AA65-3BDA34B870BA.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jose4121 said:

So I got tatted on Monday and took of the Saniderm tape but it has left an ugly red mark & im so tired of it! Will it go away? Also got lots of little bumps on it. 

I get that too, all the rash/redness will go away 100%

I currently have this issue and it has been 2.5 days since I took my Saniderm off.  How long did it take for the redness to go away? Any advice on how to help the redness disappear?

It isn't itchy, but the skin around my tattoo feels like the tattoo, kind of like sandpaper/healing. This is my second time using saniderm, no issues the first time, not sure why my skin did not like it this time.

2 hours ago, The Tongu Kid said:

I currently have this issue and it has been 2.5 days since I took my Saniderm off.  How long did it take for the redness to go away? Any advice on how to help the redness disappear?

It isn't itchy, but the skin around my tattoo feels like the tattoo, kind of like sandpaper/healing. This is my second time using saniderm, no issues the first time, not sure why my skin did not like it this time.

I get redness and bruising after taking the saniderm off , it's 100% normal and it will go away in a week or so,maybe more maybe less. I depends on you and where the tattoo is also.

I use Aveeno a couple times  a day after I take off the saniderm.

I use tegaderm only atm for my clients because its the safest on sensitive skin, I have used cheaper versions of this wrap that just completely suck and leave the skin red and irritated like this. Second skin is a decent brand no doubt but atm I find tegaderm to be the best one.

1 hour ago, SinkR said:

I use tegaderm only atm for my clients because its the safest on sensitive skin, I have used cheaper versions of this wrap that just completely suck and leave the skin red and irritated like this. Second skin is a decent brand no doubt but atm I find tegaderm to be the best one.

I have used tagederm and saniderm and IMO it's the same stuff and both have given me the same results.