Jump to content
Jose4121

Saniderm tape/ red rash.

Recommended Posts

So I got tatted on Monday and took of the Saniderm tape but it has left an ugly red mark & im so tired of it! Will it go away? Also got lots of little bumps on it. 

AC66FA2B-FCB1-4810-AA65-3BDA34B870BA.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I currently have this issue and it has been 2.5 days since I took my Saniderm off.  How long did it take for the redness to go away? Any advice on how to help the redness disappear?

 

It isn't itchy, but the skin around my tattoo feels like the tattoo, kind of like sandpaper/healing. This is my second time using saniderm, no issues the first time, not sure why my skin did not like it this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Tongu Kid said:

I currently have this issue and it has been 2.5 days since I took my Saniderm off.  How long did it take for the redness to go away? Any advice on how to help the redness disappear?

 

It isn't itchy, but the skin around my tattoo feels like the tattoo, kind of like sandpaper/healing. This is my second time using saniderm, no issues the first time, not sure why my skin did not like it this time.

I get redness and bruising after taking the saniderm off , it's 100% normal and it will go away in a week or so,maybe more maybe less. I depends on you and where the tattoo is also.

I use Aveeno a couple times  a day after I take off the saniderm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use tegaderm only atm for my clients because its the safest on sensitive skin, I have used cheaper versions of this wrap that just completely suck and leave the skin red and irritated like this. Second skin is a decent brand no doubt but atm I find tegaderm to be the best one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SinkR said:

I use tegaderm only atm for my clients because its the safest on sensitive skin, I have used cheaper versions of this wrap that just completely suck and leave the skin red and irritated like this. Second skin is a decent brand no doubt but atm I find tegaderm to be the best one.

I have used tagederm and saniderm and IMO it's the same stuff and both have given me the same results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I got 2 tattoos one one chest ( not big ) and a small one on my wrist again not big and I took that tape off and next day I broke out people and my tattooist told me It might be a small allergic reaction to that tape but I bought some benadryl because it inch very badly ugh please help explain 😑 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2021 at 7:05 PM, Jamie1983 said:

So I got 2 tattoos one one chest ( not big ) and a small one on my wrist again not big and I took that tape off and next day I broke out people and my tattooist told me It might be a small allergic reaction to that tape but I bought some benadryl because it inch very badly ugh please help explain 😑 

It happens every time I remove tape or saniderm post-tattoo. It'll go away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have allergies to adhesives and I use saniderm on my new tattoo. I have used saniderm previously on my other ones and have had the same issues. It's get red and create a rash in the area we're the saniderm laid. It's take a long time to go away and burns. Usually once it goes away it takes away the pigment in my skin. So let say if I was tan in the area and I used the saniderm I would no longer be tan in that area. This tattoo is only 24 hours old and the saniderm was only for that time. Does have any ideas on what cream I should use to help allergic reaction?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2021 at 8:57 PM, Deathskullet said:

I have allergies to adhesives and I use saniderm on my new tattoo. I have used saniderm previously on my other ones and have had the same issues. It's get red and create a rash in the area we're the saniderm laid. It's take a long time to go away and burns. Usually once it goes away it takes away the pigment in my skin. So let say if I was tan in the area and I used the saniderm I would no longer be tan in that area. This tattoo is only 24 hours old and the saniderm was only for that time. Does have any ideas on what cream I should use to help allergic reaction?

 

Quit using saniderm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...