Need ideas for sleeve tattoo

I've already got one tattoo on my arm, but I want to make it a full sleeve tattoo. (With multiple tattoos)

Here is the tattoo; https://imgur.com/a/ea52KKr

Now is there like a rule that you need the same theme for your arm, or how does it work? What even is the theme of this tattoo? Any input will help.

There's no bad ideas, post pictures as well if you have it.

Thanks

no rules in American tattooing... no reason not to have multiple styles, though my personal preference would be to keep images unified by subject and to keep the kinds of lines you have with the triangle and straight lines, so that it doesn't seem totally random. that's my preference tho.

don't owls represent wisdom and insight? and darkness cause they're out at night?

2 minutes ago, scottyg said:

my personal preference would be to keep images unified by subject and to keep the kinds of lines you have with the triangle and straight lines,

Unified by subject, isn't this kind of hard when it's an owl? I can't fill my whole arm with owls man.. And wouldn't it seem a little weird if I filled my arm with triangles as well?

3 minutes ago, scottyg said:

don't owls represent wisdom and insight? and darkness cause they're out at night?

Yeah I guess that's true.

It doesn’t have to be animals or birds or geometry at all.

If Owls represent wisdom, think of other things that can represent other aspect of life that you want to represent.

Strength, resilience, cunning etc.

You could use animals to represent these things or any other images that you feel represent things in your life that you want to keep in the forefront of how you live your life.

Get creative and research images that can represent things that are important to you.

The geometric shapes could serve as an excellent way to tie all of the separate images together.

• 1 month later...

There are so many different styles of “sleeves.” Some prefer smaller tattoos with fillers and some prefer the opposite. I got one, have a big tattoo on my forearm and plan on getting me symbolic fillers and shading to finish the full sleeve. Since you already have the one smaller one, your options are pretty open. Do you have any ideas for other tattoos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk