Is my new tattoo bad?

Kim

I finally got my memorial tattoo to honour my cat. Red rose, heart locket with her paw print inside. I have been told that the line work on the locket is bad. I am now freaking out as I spent a long time planning this tattoo and researching an artist that wouldn’t screw this up for me. Also had negative comments in the rose but mainly the locket. I was going to go back for a second session, to add an additional red rose under the locket but now I am having second thoughts. Can my tattoo be salvaged?

37BCB86C-A32A-4AB1-A6A9-31FD1B584E01.jpeg

F689B165-2804-45FD-B3F6-71F86C82C336.jpeg

There are a couple of shaky lines on the innermost heart that surrounds the paw print but it isn’t anything that can’t be touched up. Don’t freak out.
Let it completely heal for a few months and go see another artist that can thicken the lines up just a touch.
The locket itself and the rose look fine to me. The rose “could” use better shading for a more 3-D effect but the foundation is good.

29 minutes ago, Kim said:

Great thanks. Should I still get another red rose by the same artist?

Well, the rose was done pretty good, then don't see a reason not to. It would look the best as if both roses will be close looking to each other.

I suppose if you don't know that the lines inside the locket are the paw print, then an initial reaction may be that they look shaky. But of course that's what you wanted. I don't know if there would be some way to emphasize that that is what those lines are...

In my opinion, the rose looks very nice until the very middle and then it kinda gets wonky.  The petals on the very center should still be concentric.  They've got like 4 prongs or something... not sure.  The two pieces really don't flow together.  They almost looks like they were plopped down separately, not part of the same composition.  I think what makes it look odd is the rose is 3D with lots of depth and the locket is completely flat and 2 dimensional, no shadows or depth.

Sorry, not trying to tear it down or be critical, just relating what I see.  I don't think I'd return to the same artist.