HELP - Chest tattoo time frame and size

Aieshaxo

Hey all. 

I am having ink withdrawals haha as you know the ink thirst is real. I was looking at sitting a tapout tattoo session that's 9 hours. So I am currently planning on finishing my existing neck tattoo (maori/polynesian) and want it to run downwards on my chest area to right above my cleavage area. I know that theres alot of detail that goes into polynesian & Maori tattoos but I want to know realistically how big I can go or how much I can actually get covered with that much detail in a 9 hour time frame. I dont want to get to 9 hours tapout time and not be finished. Please help. 

Screenshot is an example of the area that I want covered. Other pic is of my existing neck tattoo. 

Screenshot_20190525-161205_Chrome.jpg

FB_IMG_1558757306631.jpg

Edited by Aieshaxo

I recently was considering a tap out session for a Japanese style sleeve. The fine folks here talked me out of it.

First, 9 hours is a LONG time to sit. I’ve had 2 sessions on my sleeve so far and the last session was about 2 1/2 hours. Toward the end I had, had enough. I’ve sat through longer sessions in the past but I had forgotten just how taxing getting tattooed is to your body.
Second, 9 hours is a long time for the artist to maintain the level of concentration that you probably want them to maintain to do the absolute best job on your work as possible.

I know that from a money perspective, the tapout session seems like the way to go.
But I have learned that you typically get what you pay for (in life and in tattoos).
I don’t want to talk you out of doing the session but I just wanted I give you another perspective to consider.

My current artist typically does 2-3 hours at a time. It works best for him and for me.
Each session is easier to pay for for me since it’s not a huge chunk of money all at once. And the shorter sessions keep the artist fresh and unfatigued as well.

Well, there is no one answer to it, as every artist's pace and amount of details and layers of ink can vary a lot. One could finish all this area in 6 hours and other would have given it 4 sessions.

As I see it, most of the times fast doesn't mean good, and if I were you I would have looked in order to find an artist that you really fall in love with his works and suffer whatever time needed in order to get your perfect tattoo. With the right hand this piece can be supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Well, there is no one answer to it, as every artist's pace and amount of details and layers of ink can vary a lot. One could finish all this area in 6 hours and other would have given it 4 sessions.
As I see it, most of the times fast doesn't mean good, and if I were you I would have looked in order to find an artist that you really fall in love with his works and suffer whatever time needed in order to get your perfect tattoo. With the right hand this piece can be supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Something about that sound of that is really quite atrocious....