Hello. Aftercare question

srmccann94

I just found out I'm not supposed to use scented lotions. I got my first tattoo two weeks ago, and I've been using scented Lubriderm (Advanced Therapy) on it since day one. I was already concerned because after it scabbed up and the scab went away, it already seemed pretty faded. Its just in black, but the black seems significantly less dark now. I can't tell if I messed it up or if this is part of the healing process.

I've been washing with hand soapusing fingertips, rubbing with hot water, dabbing lightly with a paper towel, then immediately applying Lubriderm 3-4 times a day for the first 3-4 days. Then I cut back to washing and applying lotion 1-2 times a day. The amount of lotion I've been using is enough to where you can see a shiny layer on my skin but not so much that you see any white lotion itself.

I got another tattoo a week later, so on Wednesday, and I've been doing the same routine. But that one also seems to have faded already. I'm really stressing over it cause I can't tell if I messed up. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by srmccann94