Stuffed up early aftercare. Any Advice?

oschulte

So I just got a black line work tattoo done and was told by the artist to wash it with soap and warm water twice a day for a few weeks and apply an ointment I bought off the studio. Thing is I only had a white Dove bar soap when I got home and have used it twice now (the first wash before I went to bed and again this morning) but am only now just realising it had Benzyl Alcohol and Fragrance in it.

I heard these are huge no no’s for washing tattoos so of course now I’m going to go buy different soap. But should I be concerned about the colour being drawn out or the ink healing badly now since the first few washes are so crucial?

15 hours ago, oschulte said:

So I just got a black line work tattoo done and was told by the artist to wash it with soap and warm water twice a day for a few weeks and apply an ointment I bought off the studio. Thing is I only had a white Dove bar soap when I got home and have used it twice now (the first wash before I went to bed and again this morning) but am only now just realising it had Benzyl Alcohol and Fragrance in it.

I heard these are huge no no’s for washing tattoos so of course now I’m going to go buy different soap. But should I be concerned about the colour being drawn out or the ink healing badly now since the first few washes are so crucial?

for washing fresh tattoos you should have a "anti-microbial" soap.

something like this https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/walgreens-antiseptic-skin-cleanser-4/ID=prod6329601-product?ext=gooKBM_PLA_-_All_Products&pla&adtype=pla&kpid=sku6276171&sst=_k_EAIaIQobChMIyaHQgdzN4gIVitdkCh38fABBEAQYAiABEgJeePD_BwE_k_&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyaHQgdzN4gIVitdkCh38fABBEAQYAiABEgJeePD_BwE